Evenflo Truimph V

gatorfan

My parents just purchased this seat for my son to use while he is there (once every six months for a week or so. My son is 1 years old is, is this a good seat, he is going to be RF for as long as possible and then we will use it as a FF seat.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Do you know where they got it? The Triumph V was discontinued when the EFTA was introduced and hasn't been made in probably 18 months. I would be concerned that they picked one up used.

The seat itself isn't great for keeping him rf. It only has a 30 lb rf limit and a relatively short shell. It also has the double memory harness which people seem to either love or hate.

Heather98012

I thought the Triumph V was discontinued for the Triumph Advance. Does anyone know for sure?!

I had an older model Triumph, bought in mid 2005 which I think was the Triumph V. I loved it, but some others don't.

I'd check & make sure it isn't going to expire soon, 'cause I honestly thought they stopped producing the Triumph V. Someone else with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong & likely have more info for you.

gatorfan

They actually purchased it from a friend of the family and it is used, manufactured Dec, 06. We purchased it for $20.00, so it was a good deal, never been in an accident. I am Ok with it only RF to 30 lbs because my 1 year old only weighs 18lbs at a year, he is in the 5th percentitle for weight and 25 percentile for height!

Is it a safe seat?

crunchierthanthou

Is it a safe seat?

Yes, safe- as long as it's used properly and they got it from a reliable source and the info you have is accurate. It just has some quirks and won't last as long as most other seats on the market. Although, it sounds like you've got a little guy and that isn't as much of concern.

SPJ&E

Keep in mind also, that the top of his head must always be at least 1 inch from the top, in order to use the Triumph rear-facing. The 30 lb. limit was fine for my skinny boys, but the really short shell was not. Just keep an eye on his head room, especially if he's got a longer torso/shorter legs!

Oh and great job keeping your little man rear-facing!

gatorfan

I am going to keep him RF as long as possible, we have the Titan in our car which has a pretty high shell and a Scenera in my husbands. How long did your Evenflo Triumph last your son RF/FF?

scatterbunny

The Evenflo Triumph V's seat shell is 2 inches shorter than the Scenera, and 2.5 inches shorter than the Titan, according to CarseatData.org.

I've seen some long-torsoed babies too tall to safely rear-face in the Triumph by 15 months (and nowhere near the 30 pound RF weight limit), and I've heard of very long-torsoed babies getting too tall even before 12 months.

christineka

That's interesting because I have the scenera, the tribute, and just sold my titan. The titan (old and new) and the scenera give my dd the exact same amount of space over her head. The tribute gives two inches shorter.

A short kid like mine would be perfectly fine in a short seat with a 30 pound limit. My dd was 18 pounds at age 1. She's now 2 months shy of 4 years. She weighs 28 pounds, has a 12 inch torso, and can fit rfing in the tribute with 2 inches above her head.

gatorfan

sounds like your daughter is similar to mine, she was 16lbs at a year and is going to 4 in November and is only 27 lbs, she is in a Graco Nautilus FF, but until about a month ago was in an Evenflo Titan with tons of room to go. Is the Tribute the same size as the Triumph?

scatterbunny

The Triumph has taller top slots and is shaped much differently than the Tribute, but the seat shell height is very similar, within half an inch of each other.

SPJ&E

Just to answer your question above, my older son outgrew the Triumph rear-facing at about 18 months old (I think it was actually a little before) by height, it was only a spare though, so we just got rid of it. We got a Scenera for his new spare seat and he didn't outgrow that rear-facing by height until right around 3 yrs. old.

gatorfan

Cool because we have the Scenera as our spare seat at home the Evenflo Triumph is at my Mom's house for use about 2x per year for a week at a time, just so we don't have to lug a seat through the airport!

abacus2

My 26 month old still fits RFing in the Triumph V with a little room to grow, so for a small child, it should be fine. As a FFing seat, it has a good top harness height for a 40lb seat. My older dd outgrew it by weight with at least an inch of torso growing room left. She was even with the top slots of the Cosco HBB and the Touriva (Scenera's predecessor) at the same time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC