My BABY passes the 5 step test in my 3rd row : (

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
She is growing up WAY too fast!

She will be 8 in December and is 4'2" and 59 pounds and she fits beautifully in the 3rd row of my Sedona.

Of course I'll keep her in a high back booster as long as she fits and it fits in the seat properly, but in a pinch, if another, smaller child, needed her booster, she could sit back there with nothing.

ADS

scatterbunny

((HUGS)) I keep expecting my H to pass the 5 step test somewhere, but so far, not yet. I figured maybe in my old Windstar's third row, but nope, shoulderbelt was way too high on her neck, feet did not touch the floor, lapbelt was too high for my liking. Her knees did bend at the edge of the seat, though, IIRC. I also thought there would be a good chance that she passed in my Focus, but nope.

I am pretty sure Michael fits the 5-step test in the back row of my 2007 Kia sedona(base model). That back seat is Low to the ground.
I will have to get a picture. He is 51 pounds(not sure on height)-he was 48 inches in August.... I know he has grown in height since).
He rides in the captains chair normally anyways....

TerisBoys

I am pretty sure Michael fits the 5-step test in the back row of my 2007 Kia sedona(base model). That back seat is Low to the ground.
I will have to get a picture. He is 51 pounds(not sure on height)-he was 48 inches in August.... I know he has grown in height since).
He rides in the captains chair normally anyways....

Sometimes LOW is a bad thing.

Josh needs a booster in my van because the seats are TOO low and he slouches down in order to bend his knees comfortably.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I'll take some pics when I can -- my camera only has a telephoto lens, so it's hard to take carseat pics with it.

I desperately need a new lens!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC