Updates on Coccoro, Nautilus Elite, SS2

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I just got done with my current Safe Ride News, and they discussed a couple features of new seats that I haven't seen mentioned here before. (I apologize if they have been.)

First, besides the Gracopedic foam on the Nauti Elite (which has been discussed here), supposedly the headwings will adjust laterally as well as vertically. That's kinda cool.

The Combi Coccoro--the convertible meant to fit tiny cars--will have top slots of 13.5 inches. Based on the photos (this one is from carseatblog), I'm actually surprised they're that high. Seriously, that seat looks TINY.

Anyway, it will have integrated FF lockoffs, but the RF lockoff "will be attached by a strap to the CR." :confused:

Also, it will require the use of a separate 1-inch thick foam pad to be placed under the seat in FF mode. Besides the likelihood that a parent will lose the pad before using the seat FF, it will likely open a whole new can of worms for using non-approved pads under seats. Weird.

Oh, also, the SafeSeat 2 will now be called the "CozyCline" :rolleyes:

ADS

G8r4evr

CozyCline? Just so Im clear, are they now going to have a Snugride 32 and CozyCline? If so, whats the difference?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The Combi Coccoro--the convertible meant to fit tiny cars--will have top slots of 13.5 inches. Based on the photos (this one is from carseatblog), I'm actually surprised they're that high. Seriously, that seat looks TINY.

So it's fair to say that even though it's a convertible, if a child rear-faces to 33 or 35 pounds, it may never see use forward-facing?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Other than the colour/fabric, it totally looks like a True Fit without the head rest. Height wise, the TF without head rest fits a child about as long as the SS1 I believe. So, I can't see this seat fitting much longer than a SS1 for height?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
So it's fair to say that even though it's a convertible, if a child rear-faces to 33 or 35 pounds, it may never see use forward-facing?

Oh, wait, I forgot, it's listed as having a 30-lb RF weight limit. So in that sense, I suppose you might be able to FF in it.

bubbaray

CozyCline? They PAID someone to come up with that name? Am I missing some inside joke? Will we call it the Crapp-o-Cline? Crapp-o-Cozy???

Sorry, I'm still bitter about my Crapp-o-Sport purchase. Haven't forgiven Graco for that seat....

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
What are the top slot heights on a SS1?
Because 13.5 is shorter than the CS, and most kids outgrow that Rfing by 9-18 months, and Ffing by 18-30. So the seat seems to have a really weird, limited usage.
for a parent who is going to turn at 1/20 anyway, you might as well just follow up your infant bucket with a nauti and be done with it.

PixieEMT

cozycline? They paid someone to come up with that name? Am i missing some inside joke? Will we call it the crapp-o-cline? Crapp-o-cozy???

Sorry, i'm still bitter about my crapp-o-sport purchase. Haven't forgiven graco for that seat....
:ROTFLMAO:

barnmama25

Anyway, it will have integrated FF lockoffs, but the RF lockoff "will be attached by a strap to the CR." :confused:

I wonder if it will be like the lockoff on the Nania Airway? (or was it my Tyro that had that weird lockoff?) I will check tomorrow on the Airway if I remember after class and maybe get some pictures of its lockoff.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I wonder if it will be like the lockoff on the Nania Airway? (or was it my Tyro that had that weird lockoff?) I will check tomorrow on the Airway if I remember after class and maybe get some pictures of its lockoff.

The thing I read did say it would be like on the Nania. I haven't seen one, and I can't envision how they work, so if you (or someone) could post photos, that would be :thumbsup:

Lara

very interesting about the nautilus head wings adjusting laterally...I may need another one if that turns out to be a nice feature :whistle:. Well, I'd like another one just for the gracopedic foam!

BabyKaykes

What are the top slot heights on a SS1?
Because 13.5 is shorter than the CS, and most kids outgrow that Rfing by 9-18 months, and Ffing by 18-30. So the seat seems to have a really weird, limited usage.
for a parent who is going to turn at 1/20 anyway, you might as well just follow up your infant bucket with a nauti and be done with it.

DS fit RF in the CS until he was about 2.5yo. FF until 2.75yo. His had Gracopedic foam and the top slots measured 13" with the padding compressed.

A doctor would have to SWEAR to me my kid wasn't going to grow after 9mths before I bought that seat!

Wondering if Gracopedic foam will lower the top slots a bit???

barnmama25

Sorry had to test the link (and sorry these are big). Here are the pictures, you can see it's attached with a string, has a little pocket for storage and can be routed on either side. Instructions too.
PICT2424.jpg

PICT2426.jpg

PICT2423.jpg

PICT2419.jpg

PICT2418.jpg

PICT2422.jpg

10-20-2008115609PM.jpg

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Sorry had to test the link (and sorry these are big). Here are the pictures, you can see it's attached with a string, has a little pocket for storage and can be routed on either side. Instructions too.

So it's kind of like a locking clip that fits on like a "chip clip"? I actually really like the looks of that - would much rather use that than a locking clip!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC