Need Advice

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
OK - so I have a friend who is willing to sell me her 2 year old Keyfit (22lb limit) + 2 bases for $100.

I just found the same thing on my local Craigslist (DOM Nov 2006) for $35.00! http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/bab/883948217.html

I never dreamed I'd be so tempted to get a seat off of Craigslist.

I called my friend (to see if she wants to lower her price), but she didn't answer.

What should I do?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

$100 isn't a bad price for that set. I'd probably pay the extra $65 for the peace of mind knowing it had been properly cared for and never been in a crash. As good as the price is on the other, I don't think you can use it in good conscience. I know what you mean about tempted. though. I've seen a couple on my local CL too.

if nothing else, buy the $35 for a back-up cover.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
Whew. Thanks for talkin' me down. I think I might still get it for the cover. That's a good suggestion. :)

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
LOL! Yes, I'm only 5.5 weeks though. I'm not puking yet, which has me a little concerned. I was so sick with DD. Although the extremely painful bust and frequent trips to the bathroom are reassuring. :):D

TXAggieTech

I would check with Craigslist first if you live in a smaller town. My brother has know about 25% of the people that have bought stuff from him off Craigslist or that he has bought from.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I just can't help myself. I'm going to get it on Monday. I don't know the guy, but he seems honest. I googled him and found an article about his youngest daughter having botulism in 2000 - with pics of his cute fam. He says he's selling the seat for his brother who doesn't like to deal with Craigslist.

I'm going to get the one from my friend still, and use the Craig's one for the cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC