Fit question...help!

Maedze

Will a FPSV booster fit between a Graco Nautilus and a rearfacing Marathon in a 2006 Ford Focus wagon?

I tried my son's Turbobooster but it's a serious pain to buckle it in and it's really wedged in there.

We have a neighbor's boy we take home from gymnastics twice a week and I need a seat for him :)

ADS

Maedze

Oh also, when were the FPSV boosters last made? What's the latest DOM I could possibly get do you think?

christineka

I don't know about fit. The fp booster is 14.5 inches wide at the base. The back part is wider.

My fp booster that I bought from ablee for $30 has a dom of Sept '07.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
No, I don't think there's any way to make that work. (I have a Focus wagon and believe me, I tried.) However, if you have a Scenera, you can use the Scenera RF instead of a MA. Nautilus behind driver (use LATCH if possible), FPSV booster in center, Scenera RF behind passenger (use LATCH). Doing it in this order will allow you the most room for reaching your hand in to buckle the booster.

Hope that helps!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
It didn't fit? I'm surprised - if you could get the Turbo crammed in there, the FPSVB should have given you enough room. Did you adjust it all the way to the most narrow setting, or was that too narrow for the child to fit?

Maedze

Well, I could cram it in there, but not safely, kwim? And the FPSVB isn't much better.

I suppose I could switch out the Radian for the Marathon but that means whenever we all drive together the front passenger will be into the dashboard.

Or I could put the Radian rearfacing in the middle but I'm not sure how that would puzzle with the GN. Also, DS1 will pick on DS2 :rolleyes:

I guess I'm going to have to play Car Seat Shuffle every tuesday and thursday. LOL.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm sorry, I'm really confused - you should have gained at least 3" of space width-wise. If the TB fit, even if it was really tight and hard to buckle, the FPSVB should be perfect. Still a PITA to buckle, of course, but that's always going to be the case with a booster in a 3-across, yk?

Maedze

I'll try to get a picture to show you the trouble. It's a camera phone so it won't be great quality.

Mommy090804

I am not sure if I will be of any help, but I will tell you what we have in the back of DH's Focus Wagon right now. As PPs have mentioned, and as you probably know, puzzling them together is the key. I find it works best with the RN RFing in the middle with a seatbelt install. After that, you can install a few different FFing seats in the outboard positions. The RN actually fits between the two front seats, so DH isn't up against the dashboard (he's 5'10"). Here's a picture of a Regal Ride(Touriva), Radian and Graco UltraCargo. HTHs somewhat. (I know they are not boosters, but offering some hope...;))

DSC01235-1.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC