Smaller passenger buses, like 24 people?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I think that's about what AJ's school has, they have 2, one is slightly bigger. These are not school buses, they are the nicer seat, travel buses or whatnot. I looked in the one today and it's lap belt only, retractable lapbelts. Do those normally lock? I don't know where the other bus is, I'll look on Sunday, and see what it has. I'm assuming my only option for his field trip next week is a harnessed seat right? I was just going to let him use his booster, but he obviously can't do that now. Is there something I'm missing?

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
If it has a retractor, yes. I know the busses we have seen those belts on are ALR belts, just with a funky BIG retractor.

lovinwaves

The only thing I can say is to make sure that the seatbelts meet the FMVSS 225 code. During our school bus training we were shown some unsafe seatbelts. I am trying to google a picture for you right now, but basically the seatbelt is looped around the steel frame of the seat(in the seatbite) and threaded through itself. Much like how we attach d-rings for rear-facing. That's IT! It is rather inexpensive to purchase, and obviously anyone could install these.

How to check for this is to lift the bottom seat to expose how the seatbelts are installed/attached to the frame of the seat.

Maybe someone else can come along and be more descriptive or clarify anything I am not saying correctly.

I am going to keeping looking for those pictures for you in the meantime. :)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It has a big funky retractor as was so eloquantly put, lol, so I'm thinking they're o.k. seatbelts, just checking. Poor AJ, I know he's going to be the only kid in anything on this trip. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC