eddie bauer infant seat expiration date

my2kidsSafe

On one of my meetup boards, there is someone who is looking for an infant seat for a friend of hers 18 year old dd who is in labor right now. She did not recieve an infant seat or carseat for her shower and has no money at all. Mom is a single mom to the 18 year old, and the 18 year old has no job. So they can't buy a carseat. From the sounds of it she didn't get much at her shower as the friend is looking for alot. They were going to go to yard sales tomorrow :eek: Well I have an old eddier buaer travel system that was manufactured on 12-5-03. That i am no longer using. I bought a new one when ds was born as it was back adjust. I hate to give someone a back adjust one but i believe it is safer than using a used one without knowing the history. Does anyone know how long this seat is valid for. If it expires this year there is no way i can let her use it. But if its good for another year. I would be willing to give it away. Thanks a bunch.

I wanted to add that i know this is in the manual and i have the manual that i will search for if the seat is still good, as i will only give her the seat with the manual, but if it is expired i'd rather not go look for the manual.

Last edited:
ADS

crunchierthanthou

I believe most Dorel expirations are 6 years, but there should be a stamp on the shell that says something like "Do not use after Dec 20XX".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC