tall baby in a roundabout... need suggestions!

jodibug

Someone posted this question to me on another board and I'm not sure what to suggest.

I did write back and ask her what model her car is and I am waiting on that answer. Here is what I have so far:

Jodi,

We have the Roundabout because it's the only seat that fits in our car RF without making the front passenger seat unusable. I'm thinking he's going to outgrow that one too long before I'm ready to turn him around. I just noticed I need to move the straps up to the middle notch. We can't afford to buy a new car for awhile, my car is only a 2007. Do you know of a seat that has a higher height limit than others? (The baby) is a tall boy but average in weight. He'll surly outgrow his seats in height long before weight. Push comes to shove I'll get a seat and not be able to have a passenger. His safety is too important.

TIA!

ADS

Maedze

Tell her she doesn't need to have the seat fully reclined. She can get a bigger seat and install it more upright. I have fit my marathon on some tiny 2-door cars rearfacing with room to spare.

jodibug

but he is taller, what would be a good seat once he is too tall for the Roundabout?

Her car is a 2007 Ford Focus hatchback

abacus2

I would recommend trying a TrueFit, Avenue, and/or a Triumph Advance. The Marathon/Boulevard could also work, but I think the TrueFit actually gives more RFing growing room.

MissAllyLou

I would go with the TF. It doesn't take up any more room than a Britax, but it gives the child a lot more growing room. :twocents:

kalamos23

I installed a TF RFing in my '86 VW Scirocco (the back seat really is a joke) and it was in there tight, but still had room. Now, it was a PITA because it's a 2 door car, but it *can* be done, and there was still okay room for the passenger up front.

The newer cars seem to have a little bit more leg room in the back (unless it's a sports car and then it's negotiable) so she should be fine with just about anything.

mominabigtruck

If he's big enough to be outgrowing a roundabout then he's definitely big enough to be alot less reclined then he probably is now. And if its really an issue she could get a bigger britax and tether is using the australian method which would probably help too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC