Symphony pics, the car seat, not music to my ears!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
IMG_8318.jpg

So, I got the install the Symphony in my 2002 Malibu yesterday. I was so excited to post here, but it was down! Arg! So, my latch in up in the bight and hard to get to, so going by the instructions, my install was not good.

100_0427.jpg

100_0428.jpg

A pic of the latch.

IMG_8320.jpg

Still very loose. Then I let someone else play. She tilted down on the latch, and then in ratched in. She got it in good, with the trick. Dang Evenflo, and their tricks. To be fair, my latch in weird though.

100_0438.jpg

Will lap shoulder, I got in solid, easily. FF only. I didn't try RF yet. Ok, so for what I like. Here is Bekah, 4 yrs old, about 38 lbs. First in the Radian, second from the top slot, and then the Symphony.

100_0426.jpg

100_0430.jpg
100_0429.jpg

The tongues look very big and I already twisted the harness in it once.

IMG_8314.jpg

The info on the side of the seat is awesome! The two finger thing, no so much. Sorry so fuzzy.
100_0448.jpg

IMG_8315.jpg

IMG_8316.jpg

IMG_8317-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

MomToEliEm

So what measurement do you get for the top strap on the symphony? It looks like a good seat to get kids to 40lbs, but not much higher then that so I don't know if it would do much good raising the weight limit up.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I will mearsure today. I think it would take bekah to 45 lbs. I plan to take the better camera also.

Andie

Can't wait to see it in person. It looks like a decent seat, despite the FF weight limit.

Maedze

I put my 4 year old in it the other day (height and weight below) and I'd say he had at least another 1 3/4 inches of torso growth before being too tall. They could have easily made this a 50 lb seat, and it would be a reasonable weight limit where it isn't on the Titan.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
So what measurement do you get for the top strap on the symphony? It looks like a good seat to get kids to 40lbs, but not much higher then that so I don't know if it would do much good raising the weight limit up.

I get 16.5". Working on getting more pics up now.

scatterbunny

After playing with this seat today, I can honestly say I do NOT like it. :thumbsdown: Way to fiddly to change from harness to booster, no average parent will get it right. It didn't seem to adjust very tall as a booster, either. The top slots could easily fit most kids over 40#, so I have to wonder if it just didn't pass testing over 40#. Great ERF, but only FF to 40#, the SureLATCH is not enough to justify the cost of the Symphony for me. :twocents:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I couldn't sell any of these yesterday at BRU.... I'd go on and on about buying a seat with a 50 or 65 pound weight limit, then people would say they want one seat that does it all, and I'd say this does, but it's only 40lbs...bam, no sale :p (wish they'd put that surelatch on the EFTA and write some better install tricks into the manual, though!)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
the surelatch isn't all that it is cracked up to be though. I do think it would do better in my Windstar though.

So, how do you frustrate 4 techs? Give them a Symphony, and tell them to put it into booster mode!

Pics!

First, take the cover off:
100_0475.jpg

Then the head rest:
100_0477.jpg

100_0476.jpg

100_0478.jpg

Then figure out how the heck to get the harness clip and buckle tongues hidden:

100_0480.jpg

100_0479.jpg

100_0484.jpg

100_0485.jpg

Don't catch the harness, when putting the head rest back on:

100_0487.jpg

100_0486.jpg

Next, take of the base and pop the kick stand down, sorry, no pics. Oh, and take the covers off the belt guides:

100_0488.jpg

So, comparison pics, with a turbo booster. I get 19" for the symphony, 20.5-21" for the TB:

100_0491.jpg
100_0492.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0495.jpg

When I found out about this car seat, I thought it could be good for a grandparent, or someone like me (but not me!), that had different kids all the time. After playing with it, I don't think it would be good. Wait here sweety, I have to change it into booster mode. Yeah right. I will just stay with having more car seats.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oh, forgot to post. For the latch.
100_0483.jpg

When you move them into rear facing, it will say rear facing. Pretty nice.

G8r4evr

I have to chime in and say that the RF seatbelt install is no picnic either. I looove the seat, but Im still not happy with my install. The seat is most definitely big and bulky (it dwarfs my SS1), but I dont think it is flimsy at all...in fact, I love how sturdy it seems. Most of all, I love how super comfy it is! LOL

The 40# limit doesnt bother me either...Im planning to use this seat for RF only and then when I turn her FF, go with a TF ARB (which will hopefully have some new patterns by then) Wish me luck with me re-install.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Do you REALLLLLLY like the patterns with the ARB? Because it's SO much money over the regular TF, I am not sure I would pay $60-100 more for a cover I liked and a feature I couldn't even use! Plus, the ARB would be so much nicer when RF! I'd likely use it full-time when I got it if I shelled out for the ARB, and move the other seat to a spare.

Last edited:

G8r4evr

Do you REALLLLLLY like the patterns with the ARB? Because it's SO much money over the regular TF, I am not sure I would pay $60-100 more for a cover I liked and a feature I couldn't even use! Plus, the ARB would be so much nicer when FF! I'd likely use it full-time when I got it if I shelled out for the ARB, and move the other seat to a spare.

Oooh, good point. Right now, I would pay extra to get the Blue Aurora (thats only available in the ARB), but by then, maybe they will have some new patterns for the standard TF! :thumbsup: I still havent lost all hope for the grey circle pattern in the ARB prototype though.

So far, I do like the Symphony enough to hold out for quite some time! :D

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, I really like the Cranberry, but would not shell out for it just for FF! Especially not with all the nice FF only seats on the market. Totally would for RF though! (And plan to.) I liked the grey dot too. But they did say that they are going to release new covers as well this year, I think, and maybe an intermediate trim level? We'll see what they come out with!

G8r4evr

Yeah, I really like the Cranberry, but would not shell out for it just for FF! Especially not with all the nice FF only seats on the market. Totally would for RF though! (And plan to.) I liked the grey dot too. But they did say that they are going to release new covers as well this year, I think, and maybe an intermediate trim level? We'll see what they come out with!

Oooh, I hadnt heard about the intermediate trim level. I like the sound of that! I love the cranberry, but it would totally clash with my color of my interior =(

I reeely like the patterns of the SS2. If it would have been RF, I would have bought that seat in a heartbeat!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
That latch is just not as smooth as I would like it to be. Did you try FF install, to see if it was any different?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC