Snugride 32 now at baby Depot, pics!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
So, when they mentioned at Lifesavers that the new snugride would have a lock off on the base, I truely thought that the snugride would have a lock off, NOT that they would change the name of the safe seat 1, to snugride 32. Yeah, that is what they did. I haven't measured the new to old, but really, it looks like the same thing. The height is still limited to 32", just like the old. Want to see pics? No? Well, tough. Oh, and sorry about the quality of the pics. I was in the parking lot, it was getting dark, and I only had my purse camera.

100_0446.jpg

100_0444.jpg

100_0443.jpg

100_0431.jpg

ADS

capeKO71

oh - I just can't wait to see how many people come into a check over the next year with an "extra base" they bought for their snugride... or snugride 32... only to find out it's the other seats base...

arly1983

oh - I just can't wait to see how many people come into a check over the next year with an "extra base" they bought for their snugride... or snugride 32... only to find out it's the other seats base...

And the scary thing is is that the snugride will make an audible "click" when you put in the Safeseat base but the front is completely unsecured.

cpsaddict

Oh, sweet Jesus, if this baby is a girl, I NEED that seat. That pattern is TDF. Will an old Safeseat base work with the new seat?

abacus2

I am annoyed with Graco for this name change; it's going to lead to massive confussion. I too thought they were redesigning the Snugride base with a lock-off; I am majorly disappointed.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I told my 'boss' at BRU today this was coming out and she hadn't heard about it...I'm amazed Baby Depot beat us to it :p

Just kidding, thanks for the pics :thumbsup::)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I mentioned it too to someone at BRU and they had no idea. I knew they were just changing the name, at least that's what I had gathered from reading about it, I'm not shocked at all. They wanted to cause less confusion, but I'm not sure this did it. :confused: Now to stalk my Kasey pattern of the SS1, do you think they'll all be clearanced out?

crunchierthanthou

Oh, sweet Jesus, if this baby is a girl, I NEED that seat. That pattern is TDF. Will an old Safeseat base work with the new seat?

hmm. good question. Maybe it will be like when they changed the SR weight limit and you can only use it to the 30 lbs of the older base.

So are they phasing out the SR or just confusing people with a name change?

they're just changing the name of the SS1 to the Snugride 32 (along with bumping the weight limit to 32 lbs). The regular SR will still be available.

crunchierthanthou

That is just assinine:mad: It's a freaking different seat so it should have a different name.

I don't know. It's kind of like Ford renaming the Freestyle the Taurus X- if you have good brand recongnition, run with it. It's definitely no worse than Chicco calling everything a Keyfit, and it's for sure better than Dorel and their Alpha/Apex confusion with the seemingly random name duplication across two different types of seats. :shrug-shoulders:

G8r4evr

Graco has a new one posted on their website too.. Its the Snugride 32/Stroller combo in a new, majorly girly pattern.

SPJ&E

I was under the impression they were no longer going to make the SafeSeat, because it was confusing...instead they're going to have the Snugride and the Snugride 32 (to replace the SafeSeat, but it's the same thing, just different name).

**EDIT - didn't read all replies before posting, but crunchi already answered that

NannyMom

Now the question is.... will the SS1s be good to 32 pounds, or did they change something about it? Will the SS1 bases be good to 32 pounds, or only 30.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC