Three across in a Kia Spectra- Yes it is possible.

skipspin

Not easy. That is one small back seat!

My friend came over yesterday because her Radian was delivered to my house Tuesday. I mean, I had to have one day to play with two Radians before I gave it to her, right? :whistle:

We knew that a Radian would fit outboard so our plan was to try RN FF, Blvd FF, Snugride.

Well, I decided to try the RN in the center lap belt first since that would make it possible to get the Snugride out without fighting with the Boulevard that liked to cuddle it and not let it go. I didn't think it would work- but it did! Also, her 4 yr old would be in the RN and would be better next to the newborn anyway- so it was a GREAT improvement. It also got her DD back in a harness (She switched from a MA to a Vivo because she has scoliosis and the MA was very painful for her since it was reclined.) and put the untethered RN in the center and the Blvd with more SIP and lockoffs in the shoulderbelt position.

Oh, and she is 37 weeks with #3, and has never gone past 38 weeks, so hopefully now that she has the seats figured out baby will come soon.:D Then, I can go visit a new baby girl.

Stats:
Kia Spectra GSX 2003

PS- sorry about the bad photos. My camera died yesterday so I had to use my phone camera.

ADS

serabi

I'm impressed!!! That gives me hope that I can do a Radian and a Marathon side by side in my back seat and leave an outboard position open still.

melniemi

Very cool! Looks like you had fun.

I didn't go past 38 weeks with my first two, but patient baby #3 waited until her due date:p

skipspin

Ohh, the Clover Snugride. I love that pattern!

That's funny! The mom hates it, but it came from a trusted friend for free, and it fits, so she's using it. I have to admit it's not my favorite, but for it not being a priority the seats match pretty well IMO. I think the only one she picked out the cover on was the Blvd, and that was over a year ago at least.

I don't see how anyone could get a Regent in there with two other seats. Not saying you can't, just that I would never guess it was possible. We can't even fit a Blvd RFing on the other side of the Radian. Another Radian would fit, but it wouldn't be reclined enough for a newborn. The SR barely fits.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
It fills up the entire backseat from door to door. I have to use all seatbelt installations because latch puts the seats too close to the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC