Wonderful wonderful site

L

LyndaSLP

I think this is an absolutely wonderful forum! And I am always referring friends here for info re: car seats. Do you know if any other states have a similar type forum? Or site? Esp one that might list info re: safety checks.

Thanks!
Lynda

ADS
C

carsafety

Thank you for the kind feedback! Unfortunately, websites with local checkup event lists are not well publicized. If the event is affiliated with SafeKids, you can find it on their website at www.safekids.org . There is a radio button selector on the right side of the page to select your state for "Coalitions and Events Near You".

You might also email the co-ordinator for your state, and they may know of a listing for your area. A contact list is here:

www.cpsboard.org/cps_contact.htm

Thanks again, and Good luck!

L

Larry LongNHTSA

Registration Card Submission

I have looked through Car-seat.Org, and yet to find any information regarding registration card submission. This card is of the utmost importance, for its the only way a manufacturer can contact the owner of a child seat if a recall takes place on that seat. The completion rates for child seat recalls are quite low because of the lack of registration card submission at the time of purchase. Its a common fact that most people do not submit these cards when any type of purchase made, whether it be a TV, or sterio. When purchasing an automobile, the 17 digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is automatically put into the sales and warranty system of the manufacturer, once the sale of the vehicle had been made. Unfortuneately this is not the case when purchasing a child seat. What information is being given out to the general public regarding the importance of filling out these cards and sending them to the manufacturer?

C

carsafety

Re: Registration Card Submission

Thank you very much for noting this omission. I will add it to the FAQ and other documents in the next update. I do hope you found at least some valuable information in your reading.

Of course, most consumers don't search the web to investigate the importance of registration cards. While I admit that more publicity in online resources can't hurt, the manufacturers themselves are in the best position to promote this. Sweepstakes, coupons or some other type of program which has some immediate tangible benefit to the consumer upon completion of the warranty card is one method.

Also, you mention the automobile VIN. Perhaps something like this SHOULD be the case for products which are vital to safety, such as carseats. That type of effort would presumably have to originate with the NHTSA.

As a technician, I ask each and every parent if they've sent in their registration cards. That's not voluntary; that is on the checklist sheet for each inspection.

U

UlrikeDG

NHTSA has a form on their site that you can use

www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/...regfrm.pdf

It's a PDF file, so you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it. You can print it off and send it in to the National Highway Safety Administration (address is on the form), and they'll make sure that your seat is registered with the appropriate manufacturer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC