Help me decide..TF vs GN...

northernmommy

Okay, assuming the GN comes to Canada soon, I'm thinking it would be a good seat to have for the girls. That said, I've already got six convertables (2 RN's & 4 TF's) for 3 kiddos, with only the youngest still rf...so I don't really need six convertables...:whistle: Two of the TF's are still in the box, and I have another 6 weeks to return them (the perks of buying on a store cc!). So I'm wondering if it would make more sense to rtn the unopened TF's and get 2 GN's when they are available here (the TF's are for DH's truck, so we don't use them much). That way, I've got seats that the girls can use as boosters later, instead of covertables that are only ever going to be used ff. :question: But then again, I got the TF's for $150 each at the Zellers sale, so the GN would be another $80 each. Would I be better off to keep the TF's and buy a booster as the girls need them? (DD1 is at least 2yrs from outgrowing her RN)...ack...just can't make up my miind lately! (Plus, I'm really hoping to be able to get my hands on one of the new TF covers at some point, and the GN covers are so...grey...:whistle:)

DD1 is 5yrs, 46lbs, has about 2" left in her RN
DD2 is 3yrs, 36lbs:crying:, just below the 2nd to top slots in her TF
DS is 18mo, rf, doesn't really factor into the equation right now!

Any thoughts?

-Sarah

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'd be inclined to hold out for the Nautilus too. How close are you to your local Zeller's store? Would you be able to push that 6wks close to the limit to see if you might be able to get your hands on one to check compatibility before returning the TFs? (Just thinking since you got a good deal on the TF, it would suck to return it then find out the Nauti doesn't work - though it seems to have a pretty good track record with compatibility so far...)

northernmommy

We're about 2 hrs from a Zellers, so that's not really a problem. I'm just not sure if it would be better to have the TF's at $150, then a decent booster in a couple of years (who knows what'll be out then...) or the GN at about $230 as the last seat they'll need...?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We're about 2 hrs from a Zellers, so that's not really a problem. I'm just not sure if it would be better to have the TF's at $150, then a decent booster in a couple of years (who knows what'll be out then...) or the GN at about $230 as the last seat they'll need...?

I think that the GN will be more convenient in the end, but that really depends on if it's compatible with your vehicle, and how you like it compared to the TF. I typically think that if a kid doesn't need the rf'ing option, then if there's a combo seat that will fit properly and last long enough, it's the preferred option. But you got such a good price on the TF that you could buy a turbo booster and not end up having paid more in the end....

With having time to wait, you may have time to wait for it to go on sale - though it would mean returning the TF before purchasing the Nautilus... Graco stuff goes on sale so regularly that I'm really expecting it should be easy to get the Nautilus for more like $200, but that's really just speculative right now. :p

Guess I'm not a ton of help, huh? I like the nautilus better in theory, but can't say 100% for sure until seeing it/using it...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC