scatterbunny --pic in sig

Simplysomething

Sorry, I have to mention this. The two pics in your signature? The one of your dd with the grin? She looks just like my niece..which is really funny, because the one right beside it? She doesn't look anything like my neice! lol (except the blonde hair)

My niece, btw, is almost six..blah blah. (She's the size of your average almost 6 year old, same as my oldest DS [they are three days apart]

(Though she might not look like my niece to anyone else, lol)

Anyway, I had to share, because I'm always doing double takes at the bottom of the posts.

ADS

scatterbunny

How funny! :p

I know what you mean, though--she looks so different in those pics. That grin is not her "normal" grin, it's her cheesy, "when will you be done taking my picture?" grin. LOL!

Hayley will be 5 on the 19th. She's 46 inches tall (95% for height) and I haven't weighed her in awhile but I know she's between 46-49 pounds (about the 90% for weight).

Simplysomething

To be clear, when I said "Your" i mean..."an average" lol I'm a dork.
Do you ever have to explain to people that, no, she's not misbehaving (or acting immature)...because, she's NOT as old as she looks? People used to assume my older DS was older than he was, and it used to bug me. (Like I said, he's now pretty much average, or slightly above average in size. He looks like a kid around 6 years old. lol)

My older ds and my niece will be 6 near the end of July.

My older ds has recently transitioned from that weird "cheese grin" that many kids develope around age 4...to an actual smile again. It's great. lol Except that he wants to hide his dimples. But anyway. lol

scatterbunny

OMG, yes--I am constantly reminding people (blushing now, because I even catch myself expecting her to act older sometimes) that she's only 4, almost 5. I had the same problem as a kid, though--I didn't LOOK older, but I was pretty advanced for my age academically and carried on conversations with adults that made them think I was much older, and made them expect me to behave better than I was capable of at the time.

She's too tall for them to let her in to the Fred Meyer playland now (not sure if Fred Meyer is in all parts of the country or not, it's sort of like a Super Wal-Mart, it's a grocery store, but it's got clothing, garden, household items, electronics, all that good stuff, plus a free babysitting service while you shop). They have an arched doorway and in the rules it says when a child is so tall they have to bend down to get through the door they are too big for playland. I think it's unfair because there are some 10 year olds who still get to go to playland, and my daughter's 4 and too big.

Blah, sorry about that rant! :eek:

Simplysomething

I didn't LOOK older, but I was pretty advanced for my age academically and carried on conversations with adults that made them think I was much older, and made them expect me to behave better than I was capable of at the time.

Isn't that always fun? When I was kid, I looked like a kid, I still look like a kid. Which is great fun, when you're with your kids and people either assume you're a babysitter or a teenaged mother.. {I'm 22 years older than my oldest. lol}. So people always have expected me to be younger than I am. I was never "small" for my age, just not...um... I didn't "blossom" until I was older. LOL I'm average height though, and have been since I was 15 or so.

(My constant refrain "I'm older than I look". As I get closer to 30, it's becoming less annoying. lol)

I think it's unfair because there are some 10 year olds who still get to go to
It IS unfair! But on a happy note, there are some places that go by age and that have the reduced rate start at age six...lol (But those places tend to be overpriced amusement parks and stuff). We don't have Fred Meyers here, that I know of, but I wish, sometimes that we had someone to deposit the kids while shopping.

At least she could still play in the hamster runs at the fast food joints..nobody enforces the height rules there. lol

vamom

I was super tall (not that you would know it now) until I was 12 (tallest in the school, wxcept for one guy after 2nd grade). I had to take my birth certificate to the pool when I was 8 or 9 because they would not let me in for the 12 and under rate!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC