Harness slot and the cover

christineka

I noted today that ds' shoulders seem to be even with the next slot up. (The second slots on the Avenue.) But, the cover goes about an inch higher, so if I do move the harness up, it will come from above ds' shoulders even though the slot is even with them. (He's rfing.) So, which do I choose?

ADS

NannyMom

Once he's in and the harness is tightened, it should pull the cover down a bit. You go by the slots in the carseat plastic, not by the cover. My DD's Marathon cover is the same way, and I think it has pulled the cover down. She is dead even with the slots on the seat :)

NannyMom

Totally off topic....but I just saw OP and I both have 621 posts as of my last post :) Just thought that was kinda neat.

christineka

If I can move the harness up, it will solve my spare car dilemma. (Older dd is on the second slots and I have to use the same seat with both kids.) I think I'll take the seat out, the cover off, and try ds in it without the cover to see which slots he should use. Dd has 2 pounds to go before she and ds can't share the tribute anymore. We have a month and a half before the cargo has to be destroyed. I was hoping with time ds would grow a little taller so they could share the avenue. Right now the avenue is in the van as ds' seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC