3 seats in a rental

NannyMom

My Sienna will be getting some repairs done in a couple weeks. I'll have a rental car. All enterprise could tell me is it's a "full size"...some examples are Toyota Camry, Chevy Impala, Nissan Ultima, but there were 15 vehicles in that category. He said the absolute oldest would be 2007. So all have LATCH and I assume 3 shoulder belts

The kids are:
5 yrs, 46 pounds- any non RF seat
8 years, 51 pounds- any non RF seat
2 years, 24 pounds, RF

The seats I will probobly have to choose from (some borrowed from a trusted friend):
Evenflo Titan Elite- RF
Cosco Scenera- RF
Britax MA- RF
Graco Comfortsport- RF

Recaro Vivo
Graco HB Turbo booster
Graco Nautilus (2)
Parkway
Radian
A skinny NBB, not sure what brand, but I would only be comfortable with this in the center, with shoulder belt

The 2 older kids fit in any of the non RF seats. THough we prefer the 5 year old be harnessed. The 8 year old has no problem being harnessed if buckling is too hard (she would love it actually).

Any ideas on what may work??? I will get the car at 8:30am, and won't have all 3 kids until 2:45pm, so I will have a little time to play if needed.

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Without knowing which car, it's hard to say. The Impala would be awesome, of course - you could probably put the baby RF in the Radian and still get the GNs in there, too! With all three LATCH'd!

But a Camry? I doubt it.

I'd suggest you plan to throw the Radian into the mix one way or the other.

NannyMom

I'll have to call enterprise and see if I can request a certain car because of the carseat issue. I know one of the rental companies allows that...but I don't remember who.

So, for cars that size, should I request an Impala?

I'm a bit nervous about using the Radian for RF because the 1 time I played with it in my van, it was VERY difficult. Also, using LATCH for the RF seat would be GREAT because I doubt DH will be much help, and I usually need an extra set of hands w/ a locking clip.

I guess I should ask this friend about using her Radian. I know she has one.......I don't know if it's every actually been used (except for playing around with carseat fits) :)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
The Impala has three separate sets of LATCH and a huge amount of room in the back seat for a sedan. I wouldn't BUY it based on what I'm saying, but for a rental, I think you'll like it.

NannyMom

Thanks. I called them back and requested the Impala. THey said I could request a prefered car, but they couldn't absolutely guarantee I'll get it. Hopefully they'll really try since I mentioned the 3 carseats :)

She said the 3 they usually have are:
Pontiac Grand Pri
Nissan Ultima
Chevy Impala

How are the other 2? Anyone know?

MissAllyLou

I can get several different s-across combos in my mom's Altima .... RFing RN, GN, and Monarch booster

FFing MA, RFing RN, Monarch booster

Turbo booster, FFing MA, FFing Rn

crunchierthanthou

The Impala and Grand Prix are essentially the same in terms of width and installs. Both have three sets of lower anchors that can be used simultaneously. There is one poster here who was able to do 3 across in her Impala with a Regent in the middle. :eek: but another poster recently complained about the 08 not being quite as wide as older versions. Either way, I think you'll be okay with the Radian in the mix.

Holly has a 2007 Camry and I was surprised at the width. We were able to get a ff Radian, ff or rf FPSVD, and a Keyfit. Granted, the KF and Radian are both somewhat narrow, but so are some of the boosters on your list.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC