(silly) pls help me choose a fabric pattern for new Nautilus!

micapu

ok... y'all pretty much convinced me. I'm almost 100% that we're getting a Nautilus in the next couple of weeks. So, I need to know how the fabrics hold up to your messy children ;):p

Ideally, I'd go for the Reese because it's a blue-ish gray and soothing color scheme. BUT, I'm worried about how light it is and how grimy my boy will make it look. I thought I'd settled on the Galaxy but when I saw it IRL, it's a lot darker than it looked online -- the color is that weird gray-brown of a Weimaraner, love it on the dog but not so much on anything else. Not ugly, but didn't really make me want to run out of the store with it either. Gender neutral tho, and I bet it's great at concealing grime. Then there's the Bravo, which DH and I both think looks nice and grime-resistant but much more masculine than the others. (we're TTC & hoping for a girl)

So, what do you have and how is it holding up the your kid's dirt? Also, anyone have a spy-connection at Graco and knows if/when they might release another fabric pattern for the Nautilus? I'll be so mad if we buy ours and then a month later they come out with a blue/grey or blue/black or something nicer. Do they release new fabrics in Dec-Jan?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have the Galaxy pattern and love it. I have it in my tan interior car, so I like how it is that weird brownish-gray. :p

I have had no issues with grime or dirt at all. :)

courtfrog2

I have the Bravo print for my girl. She likes it. I think it looks really nice in my van with grey interior. Seems to be fine with hiding the dirt... although the cupholder gets pretty dirty :cool:

Brycen'sMommy

We have Matrix and it is terrible. It is so light and shows every speck of dirt. I am constantly washing that thing and my son rarely eats in the car. I am hoping Graco comes out with some new patterns soon so we can just buy the cover. I am not thrilled with any of the choices right now.

micapu

We have Matrix and it is terrible. It is so light and shows every speck of dirt. I am constantly washing that thing and my son rarely eats in the car. I am hoping Graco comes out with some new patterns soon so we can just buy the cover. I am not thrilled with any of the choices right now.
this kinda makes me think I'd have the same problem with the Reese :doh: because the light-colored fabric on it is the same as on the Matrix, right? ::sigh:: Don't they have a panel of parents they consult with?!?!?

DS2 is by no means the Pigpen his older brother was at 4yo, but he'll be doing outdoor soccer this Winter, and we do occasionally eat in the car on road trips (our nearest big city is San Diego, three hours away).

C'mon, there are NO Graco spies here?!?!? LOL, no one's got a hookup to tell us if they'll be coming out with new fabrics in the next few months?

monstah

I have Bravo, and I think it is awful. It already has stains, and the fabric just isn't holding up well at all. I LOVE my Nautilus, more than my BLVD and my Radian, but I DESPISE the cover and have recently banished it to DH's car.

hillary116

We have the Matrix, and so far (6 months), I have been happy with them. No noticable dirt stains on the fabric. The cup holders on the other hand seem to collect dirt! At least they are easily wiped out.

micapu

well, I wrote Graco an email :p asking if they're coming out with new fabric patterns for the Nautilus soon, and making some suggestions based on what they already do for infant carseats -- Ionic, Sterling, Green Tea -- and what *I* like.:thumbsup: Feel free to follow suit and suggest what you like, especially if you hope to purchase a spare cover in the future. I figure they should be willing to do the same for the Nautilus as they've done for the SafeSeats, since it's been so well received and reviewed.

Holly

The Mariposa is coming out soon, but it's grey and purple with a girly butterfly pattern, I doubt your boys would like that! :)

I wish they would make something other than grey!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
well, I wrote Graco an email :p asking if they're coming out with new fabric patterns for the Nautilus soon, and making some suggestions based on what they already do for infant carseats -- Ionic, Sterling, Green Tea -- and what *I* like.:thumbsup: Feel free to follow suit and suggest what you like, especially if you hope to purchase a spare cover in the future. I figure they should be willing to do the same for the Nautilus as they've done for the SafeSeats, since it's been so well received and reviewed.

I have emailed them a few times regarding the exact same thing. I have gotten very scripted responses back. :thumbsdown:

micapu

The Mariposa is coming out soon, but it's grey and purple with a girly butterfly pattern, I doubt your boys would like that! :)

I wish they would make something other than grey!
I *saw* that after digging around this site! And it's very cute, tho it looked pink, not purple. If it turns out to be purple,:love: I think DH might agree to it if DS2 likes it... my little guy loves butterflies, and we're not too into the gender-typing stuff (DS2 loves pink but we don't, LOL).

Member bfmarini (Bryan) from www.SuperiorCarSeats.com (a carseat.org sponsor) posted this image in another thread. It is the new Nautilus Premier, to be released soon, I believe.

http://www.car-seat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=3009&d=1224122530
now THAT's what I'm talking about!!!:2thumbsup: Do I need to go digging around for info on the Premier? I definitely want to know more :cool!:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC