Question What has been your experience with Craig's List?

Tyler'sMom1117

I have a Regent cover on Craig's List and I just had someone ask if I would ship it to NV from MI. I guess I'm a bit worried about doing that because it sounds like there are fake money orders, cashiers checks, etc. Would you do it? Is there a way to do this without getting scammed or should I just wait for a local buyer with cash?

ADS

aclayton74

I sold one of my RA's on craigslist in August. I had to ship it. I used paypal. I didn't have any problems

lovinwaves

I have done this but with a cheapy graco diaper bag. It was only $15, so I figured it something happened I wouldn't be *too* bothered.

I used paypal :)

What has your correspondence with this person been like so far?

I would be VERY upfront with this person on the condition of the cover, and any flaws this cover may have. :twocents:

keri1292

I would use Paypal and transfer the money (or spend it :evil grin:) ASAP. That way, Paypal can't just give her back her money if there is a dispute. You will have to prove that you sent it, so save the post office receipt, get a tracking number and delivery confirmation.

BW1426

Definitely have them pay with PayPal.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the person wanting to buy it is a member of this board either :p

munchkin

I just bought a MA cover from someone in Colorado off of Craigslist. I agree with the PP, use paypal, keep records, and get Delivery Confirmation.

crunchierthanthou

I have a Regent cover on Craig's List and I just had someone ask if I would ship it to NV from MI. I guess I'm a bit worried about doing that because it sounds like there are fake money orders, cashiers checks, etc. Would you do it? Is there a way to do this without getting scammed or should I just wait for a local buyer with cash?

how is their grammar? do they mention the item specifically by name? are the offering a weird form of payment? IME, the scam replies are pretty obvious. like this one I received recently-

Hello, Am satisfied with the price and condition of the item. I will like to make an outright purchase of the item.I am out of town on a business trip, so i will like to proceed in issuing out a certified check to you and upon the confirmation and clearance of payment my shipper will come for the pick-up at your location. So get back to me with your full name, address, zip code and phone number so that payment can be mail out asap. let me read from you today. Warm Regards.

:rolleyes:

also, how much are you asking? I've received something similar for pretty much every item I've listed over $100, but never anything lower.

barnmama25

how is their grammar? do they mention the item specifically by name? are the offering a weird form of payment? IME, the scam replies are pretty obvious. like this one I received recently-

:rolleyes:

also, how much are you asking? I've received something similar for pretty much every item I've listed over $100, but never anything lower.

I used to get those all the time!! I dont know how they expect tp scam people like that though? They would also tell me, oops my cashier accidently wrote out the check for 100 more than the asking price, go ahead and keep the money" I was just like ok? Umm yeah you dont even know my address?

TerisBoys

I used to get those all the time!! I dont know how they expect tp scam people like that though? They would also tell me, oops my cashier accidently wrote out the check for 100 more than the asking price, go ahead and keep the money" I was just like ok? Umm yeah you dont even know my address?

The checks are fraudulent. So they get whatever you're selling, and you get at minimum no payment, OR bank fees, etc for depositing a bad check.

barnmama25

The checks are fraudulent. So they get whatever you're selling, and you get at minimum no payment, OR bank fees, etc for depositing a bad check.

Ok I understand that (I never got any checks anyways, as I never contacted them with the info) but what if you use just a check cashing site? Like a grocery store or whatever, not a back. Would they be able to track that?

Not that I do this bogus stuff, its just the last comment got me really curious.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC