Question about TF with ARB

Mylilboyblue

Does anyone know how much the new True-Fit with the ARB will be when it comes out in January? Also does anyone know if there will be pre-orders taken anyplace for it? I really want one. Oh and will there be other colors besides that really cool grey with circles that they saw at the ABC expo?

I want one so bad for Sia. I am trying to decide if I should wait and save for this one or just get the regular one when it goes on sale. Is the ARB worth it?

ADS

melniemi

learning curve told me there will be a green and cranberry, which I believe are the red and green in the blog pics.

sparkyd

I'm hoping they come to Canada before my DS hits 30 lbs (Almost 28 lbs right now). My understanding is that the harness adjuster is easier to access RF with the ARB, so that takes away the only complaint I have about these seats (we have one in our truck). I would pay more for that convenience in a heartbeat. I'm actually way more excited about that than the actual anti-rebound feature. Although that part is interesting too. :whistle:

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I read somewhere that the price will be $269 for the one with ARF. Now where I read that...I have NO idea. Probably some blog(not the one here) thats owner was at ABC.

Susan

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Ya, if it comes to Canada with that circle pattern that was shown in the blog, I am so going to get one, I mean TWO....argh, DH will kill me for sure, but I NEED that circle pattern!

G8r4evr

Ya, if it comes to Canada with that circle pattern that was shown in the blog, I am so going to get one, I mean TWO....argh, DH will kill me for sure, but I NEED that circle pattern!

I didnt see one with circles in the blog...what am I missing? Im curious about possible preorder info as well =)

MOM25BOYS

I really like the circle pattern, but man I can't wait to get my hands on 1 Cranberry and 1 Green!!!:love: Those 2 will look so cool together in my suv with the boys.:D

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I really like the circle pattern, but man I can't wait to get my hands on 1 Cranberry and 1 Green!!!:love: Those 2 will look so cool together in my suv with the boys.:D
Ya, I'm loving the green as well. I won't get my hopes up though as this seat may not come to Canada for a long time, or possibly not at all.

sparkyd

I won't get my hopes up though as this seat may not come to Canada for a long time, or possibly not at all.

Have you heard it might not come to Canada (or that it will take a long time)? Or is that based on past experience with other car seats? I'm really hoping it comes here soon because I need one and would rather have this one than the current version.

How long was it between the original True Fit coming out in the US and in Canada?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
three months- late february to late may, but it's anyone's guess if that will be the case this time.

Yep, exactly. Though I do have high hopes given the closeness in release between the 2 models this time.... Maybe they're doing a lot of the certification for both countries at the same time?

I think there's been enough demand for the regular TF here that it should warrant the ARF one coming here, but there's no way to really know for a bit. I suspect once it's released in the US we might be able to get a reliable answer from the company? Though I'm not sure if anyone has emailed them asking about the ARF in Canada yet either - maybe they'd already know?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Have you heard it might not come to Canada (or that it will take a long time)? Or is that based on past experience with other car seats? I'm really hoping it comes here soon because I need one and would rather have this one than the current version.
No, I haven't heard anything. I just figured that once it's out in the U.S. it will take time to get it approved in Canada, and that's assuming they decide to go through that process. The company could decide that they don't think it's worth the money and opt not to submit this model for Canadian testing. Or perhaps there is something with the new design that doesn't meet Canadian standards so it might not pass testing. Or maybe the company knows it won't meet standards and thus won't even submit it for testing (for example, and totally hypothetically, maybe Canada doesn't allow anti-rebound feet).

So, there isn't any particular reason I thought it might not come, I just figured that there were too many potential variables that could prevent it from coming, so I just didn't want to get my hopes up!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
No, I haven't heard anything. I just figured that once it's out in the U.S. it will take time to get it approved in Canada, and that's assuming they decide to go through that process. The company could decide that they don't think it's worth the money and opt not to submit this model for Canadian testing. Or perhaps there is something with the new design that doesn't meet Canadian standards so it might not pass testing. Or maybe the company knows it won't meet standards and thus won't even submit it for testing (for example, and totally hypothetically, maybe Canada doesn't allow anti-rebound feet).

So, there isn't any particular reason I thought it might not come, I just figured that there were too many potential variables that could prevent it from coming, so I just didn't want to get my hopes up!

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=61120 Let's see if we can find out some of those answers. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC