Nautilis expiration

jewlsvern

I thought I had read on here that the NBB portion of the Nautilis is good for 9 years and the rest of the seat good for 6 years. I was at BRU today and I mentioned this to a customer who was looking at it and an employee (who actually knew a lot about carseats) said no, its only 6 and its stamped on the shell.
So what is it?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

It's 6 in high back and harnessed mode and 9 in backless.

from carseatblog.com

Also, there are two, count ‘em, two lifespans on the Nautilus. When used with the harness or as a highback booster, the lifespan of the seat is 6+ years (6+ ? I guess it could go higher? I don’t know. Just think 6 years.). When used as a backless booster, the lifespan of the booster is 9+ years.

the + is because Graco stamps their shells with "do not use after December 20XX". It's + however months it is between actual DOM and the end of that year.

jewlsvern

Thats what I thought and I was telling that to a set of grandparents who were debating over the Nautilis and a 3 n 1. The BRU employee was adamant that they only are good for 6 years no matter what. Where can you find that info? Manual or seat or both?

monstah

On page 14 of the manual is states:
STOP USING CHILD RESTRAINT AND THROW IT AWAY after the date molded onto the bottom of the child restraint as shown

I can't find anything else in the manual about expiration.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The problem is that Graco representatives have been saying a lot of stuff (LATCHing is ok in booster mode, backless booster has a 9-year expiration date) that they haven't yet put in the manual. While I fully believe what these people are saying, if they don't put it in writing, we have no way of proving it. As a technician, it puts me in a tough spot, because I can tell a parent, "No, really, it's true!" but I have no proof.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC