News Important Nautilus Info

Andie

I just spoke to Patty at Graco. She says the Nautilus is allowed to overhang the seat by 20% in harnessed mode-only 80% needs to be on the seat. The only time overhang is not allowed, is when it's in booster mode.

I apologize if this has been posted, I just wanted to let everyone know!

Last edited:
ADS

MomToEliEm

This is great news!

Has anyone been able to confirm this data with Graco? I would love to hear that more then one person has received the same information from Graco prior to believing it is true.

Now that I may be able to consider this seat as another harness option in a place with a narrow bench, can someone tell me how deep this seat really is (not seating depth but actual carseat depth).

MissAllyLou

I wonder if this is something new due to complaints? I called specifically to ask about the overhang in my Envoy (if I'm not careful to kneel in the bite of the Nautilus, it overhangs by 1/4" in my third row), and I was told that if there was any overhang at all, it couldn't be used harnessed OR boostered. I can't remember who I talked to :( . Maybe I'll try calling and see if I get the same answer from a different rep!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Has anyone been able to confirm this data with Graco? I would love to hear that more then one person has received the same information from Graco prior to believing it is true.

I'd like to get some confirmation on it, too. I hope it's true, but if not, it wouldn't be the first time someone has gotten incorrect info from a CSR.

Andie

1-800-345-4109

I didn't have to give my model # or DOM. She had me on hold a bit, I assume to speak to a tech. She also said if it couldn't overhang in harnessed mode, it would of said so in the manual. The manual only states no overhang for booster mode, pg 45.

fyrfightermomma

That's great :)

Now if they could just change their stance on the crotch strap issue. My skinny minny 25# 3 year old has like 1/2" before being on top of the crotch strap. No way will this get her even close to 65 lbs.:rolleyes:

MomToEliEm

The manual only states no overhang for booster mode, pg 45.

What about page 18, in the warning section of the manual about choosing an appropriate vehicle seat location (http://www.gracobaby.com/assets/pdfs/instructions/ISPC110BB_ISPC125BA.pdf):

"Front of child restraint must not hang over the edge of the vehicle seat"

I do hope this info is true though and overhang is allowed. The manual would need to be updated with this info as well as allowing latch in booster mode as the manual says it is not allowed yet we have heard from Graco CS that it is allowed.

Andie

What about page 18, in the warning section of the manual about choosing an appropriate vehicle seat location (http://www.gracobaby.com/assets/pdfs/instructions/ISPC110BB_ISPC125BA.pdf):

"Front of child restraint must not hang over the edge of the vehicle seat"

I do hope this info is true though and overhang is allowed. The manual would need to be updated with this info as well as allowing latch in booster mode as the manual says it is not allowed yet we have heard from Graco CS that it is allowed.

How did I not see that? :eek: I read it 3 times looking for something like that. Someone does need to call and double check about that then.

Maedze

I just read through the manual. There is NOTHING about overhang in the harnessed section, and it very specifically mentions overhang in the boostered section.

I think the bit on page 18 may have been a formatting error :whistle:

Especially since the Graco Turbobooster also has the same rule about overhang, but the Graco Comfortsport, SS2 and Cargo do not.

scatterbunny

Has anyone called Graco yet to confirm this info?

I haven't called, but I sent an email to one of the Graco reps that was at Lifesavers (asking not only about the overhang of the Nautilus in harnessed mode, but also about LATCH in booster mode for both the Nauti and CarGo). I got a message stating that the rep is out of town for a conference right now. Hopefully I hear something official soon.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
That's great :)

Now if they could just change their stance on the crotch strap issue. My skinny minny 25# 3 year old has like 1/2" before being on top of the crotch strap. No way will this get her even close to 65 lbs.:rolleyes:

I thought this was an issue only when not using the farthest out slot?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC