Question Age of Car Seat at Purchase

Sabriel

I just got a new Marathon from Albee Baby today, and the date it was made is December 2007. That's 10 months ago! Is that pretty common? I bought it for my 3 month old, and I want to get full use out of this seat. How old are seats typically when you buy them?

Also, are Britax seats good for 5 or 6 years?

Thanks!

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
They're good for 6. 10 mos is pretty common I think, it all depends on the pattern. Generally, cheaper seats are going to have older patterns which are going to be older seats. There's not much you can do about it unless you actually want to pay to return it.

Maedze

Unless you paid full price for it, I would let it go. Britax expires 6 years from DOM so that seat should get you to December 2013. Your baby will be five and a halfish then and probably outgrowing a Marathon at that point anyway.

LuvBug

sounds about reasonable... but mine was already 14 months old when I bought it. I only used it for 2 years before we moved to a regent though... so it worked out!

Sabriel

Oh I'm so glad they are good for 6 years. I was thinking 5 for some reason. That makes me feel a lot better! That makes sense about the seat being a little cheaper since it is older.

Thanks for making me feel better! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC