Name titles

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
How do you get your title on this board? I noticed some people are CPS advocates, some Senior members and some CPS tech's. I have been trying to figure out what determines what your title will be as the number of responses don't seem to correlate to the title at all....

ADS

ccjones

It all goes by the number of posts you've made. I started out at a Member, then after like 30 posts (I think), I became a Senior Member. Somewhere between 60-80 posts (I didn't pay attention), it changed to CPS Advocate.

I think to become a CPS technician, you have to PM one of the mods with your SafeKids number and some other info.

Colleen

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Exactly- I forget the cutoff numbers, but those sound about right. The CPS Technician title goes with access to the Technical Professionals forum, described in the sticky announcement in this forum.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The user titles were adjusted last week, given the significant increase in activity in the last 6 months.

New members begin as "Registered User" and do not display a title.

At 5 posts, you become "Member"

At 25 posts, you become "Senior Member"

At 100 posts, you become "CPS Advocate"

At 1000 posts, you now become "CPS Fanatic"

Unfortunately, the software does not also provide a method to assign titles by join date, which would also be nice.

The CPS Technician title is given to certified technicians and instructors, regardless of the number of posts. This also gives access to the Technical Professionals forum. Details can be found here http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=5 . There are also a few separate titles given to moderators and admins.

Sincere apologies to the handful of users who are between 75 and 100 posts and lost their "CPS Advocate" title temporarily. You'll get it back soon!

Thank you to Jenny/Scatterbunny for all her great posts here in the last few years. She's our only current "Fanatic", congrats!

Simplysomething

Admin said:
Unfortunately, the software does not also provide a method to assign titles by join date, which would also be nice.
The good thing is that the join date is on every post you make. That helps. (A high post count and a relatively recent join date...could make one wary)

I admit, I was curious about the titles as well. I remember thinking...how the heck did I get THAT, after a couple dozen posts. lol

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Many visitors post anonymously. Many more register, post a few times on single thread and have no need to return. If you are interested enough to stick around for 25 posts, you're an advocate;-)

kate4478

name titles

thanks for asking, I have been wondering that myself but was not sure of what it was called to even ask about it!:rolleyes: Kate

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC