Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

What IS this thing?

There is no way this can be safe in a crash. Eek! It straps over the top of the seat! All I can see is a strangled child.
    I personally don't even think it looks comfortable.

Has anyone seen one of these things in use? It creeps me out...

Head Rest.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    I was just thinking that when I saw the pic on the link you posted for the ride ryte! it is scary looking!
    I guess based on those airline pillows people are using? I cant imagine putting that on my baby though. (or better yet, her letting me put it on her!)

dietcokehead
    That doesnt look remotely comfortable! Or safe!

Unregistered
    Did you all watch the crash test video? There's a link to it on the right side of the page. Apparently, the velcro part under the chin (around the neck) comes apart in the event of a crash. I could see this being useful for some special-needs kids, but I don't think I would use it for my non-disabled son.

YIKES !!

And what is that blue plastic seat the girl is in in the photo ?
    Mama to :
    Boo (2002), apramo backless booster
    Bug (2004), Parkway SGL
    Bear (2006), Parkway SGL

Unregistered
    I think (?) some of those products are for 'special needs' children that lack muscle control and have a hard time holding their heads up.

CPS Technician
    The blue plastic seat is a special needs seat of some sort.

I would venture to guess that the little girl is NOT special needs and just a model.

Susan
    Mommy to my angel, Ethan Daniel (8/5/07-8/6/07)
    Mommy to Nicholas (12-29-08) RF'ed to 2.75 yrs in Graco MyRide(crashed) and a True Fit Primier. FF in the TFP and a Graco Nautilus Elite. Nicholas is 2.75 yrs old, 32 lbs and 36" tall.
    Child Passenger Safety Tech