Yay for Desperate Housewives re: car seats

kalamos23

So after Gabby's atrocious non use of car seats - I was pleasantly surprised to see that they have a 6 year old in a 5 pt harness in the first 5 min of this Sunday's episode!

:thumbsup:

Anyone else see this? I'm curious what seat he was in.

ADS

G8r4evr

I was wondering the same thing. What are Gabby's kids, like 5 and 3? Im surprised they didnt have hers harnessed as well.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I haven't watched yesterday's episode on the DVR just yet and now I know what I'm going to specifically watch it for. :) This season, the show's storyline jumped ahead 5 years from last season's finale.

loufrando

Yep, I saw it too. One of those Cosco combo seats. I couldn't tell if the straps were coming from way below his shoulders though. I paused and rewound, etc... but couldn't tell. Maybe someone else has better eyes than me.

I wonder if having him harnessed had anything to do with them portraying Danielle/her husband/the boy as um, crunchy? I was laughing like we're supposed to be shocked that they are vegetarian and Jewish? :whistle: Actually the whole son calling his mom Danielle thing did seem weird to me but everything else was... :rolleyes: Those freaky veggie-'ethnic clothes wearing-Jewish parents just would keep their 6 yo in a baby seat! :p

emandbri

I was wondering the same thing. What are Gabby's kids, like 5 and 3? Im surprised they didnt have hers harnessed as well.

The oldest is supposed to be 4 so the younger one would have to be 2 or 3. The actress playing the oldest is really 7.

They sure found some cute kids! MJ, Jaunitia, and Benjamin are all so cute!

Auntie2six

I was wondering the same thing. I mean since the actress for Juanita(5) is really 7 maybe they think she is too big. But for the younger one they should have put her in a 5pt because her real age is probably 3,4, not sure.

Tyler'sMom1117

I did the same thing watching the show. Yeah for harnessing a 6 year old, but I am positive the straps were way under his shoulder:(. They need one of us to go work on the Hollywood movie sets. We would get it right!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Now, that's an idea... My husband is always asking when I say I want to get certified, "I wish you could get paid for doing that" (cause he knows I'm gonna do it anyway...) I could consult on movies! (I'm in the area-- about 10-15 minutes from Burbank where all the studios are.) "Okay, I'll need the measurements of the actor's torso and her weight. I'll bring down a selection of seats and we'll fit her in them and see which one installs well in the car you're using. What's the make, model and year?" LOL!

emandbri

Okay, I watched it again and when Danielle takes him away as a baby it looks like he is in a century next step. The funny thing is it has taller slots than the cosco seat, the older child might have fit in it correctly, assuming he wasn't 40 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC