becoming a certified safety tech & sponsoring a safety c

A

Amy Moon

Please outline how to become a certified safety tech. Please give me info on how to sponsor a safety check in my neighborhood of Berwyn, Illinois.

ADS
C

carsafety

Upcoming classes:

You can find the list of upcoming classes at our Car-Safety.Org website:

www.car-safety.org/classes.html

You can probably get a lot of help with sponsoring your carseat event by contacting your local SafeKids coalition, or a local technician instructor who organizes events for an area hospital, police or fire department.

I'm not sure who organizes events in the near west suburbs. If you have no luck with local police/fire/hospital, I suggest starting with these contacts:

Tom McQueen, Northern Illinois Co-ordinator for Child Passenger Safety, 630-420-6197

Janet Holden, Technician Instructor in Oak Park, IL, 708-386-7179

One of those two should be able to get you on the right track for a local contact!

Please feel free to post again if you have any more questions, or are unable to find anyone in your area.

S

Safety Consultant

Re: becoming a certified safety tech & sponsoring a safe

Also you might try:

USAA (they inspect already installed & they give away new seats)
GEICO (or other major insurance companies)

I have worked with both in the past. They are very generous and extremely helpful)

L

LyndaSLP

How do I find out about classes in other states? I live in NC.

Thanks!
Lynda

PS: How much time does it take to get certified? Just wondering...

C

carsafety

Hi Lynda-

I posted some contact information under your other post. There is another great carseat website based at the University of North Carolina:

www.hsrc.unc.edu/pubinfo/child_main.htm

Bill Hall is the contact for this site. I am sure he would know if a list of events exists in areas of North Carolina. His email is listed as:

The University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research Center
CB# 3430 Chapel Hill, NC 27599
919-962-2202 or (in NC) 800-672-4527
bill_hall@unc.edu

Thanks again for visiting!

M

MyLittleTyke

Hi!

I just became a Tech. I had to take a 32 hour class and attend a car seat checkup clinic. If this is something you are interested in, I highly recommend it. It's a great class!

Best wishes,
Sara

R

Robert

You may want to contact Ken Lynch (Orland Park Police) 708-349-4111 who runs the Southern CPS Coalition and has numerous departments in the coalition.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC