Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Best place to buy newest Nautilus possible?

I know Albee has them for $150, but how are the manufacture dates? Amazon has them for $140, but again...I'm concerned about the manufacture dates.

I could order from the Wal-Mart website, but our local Wal-Mart has them in stock and they were manufactured in February and April. I'm afraid they'll check the inventory and just try to give me one of those, which I do not want (that's why we didn't get one today).

Anyway...where's the best place to order a Nautilus right now, that'll give me the most recent manufacture date?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by SPJ&E; 10-12-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    Mom to P (9), J (almost 8), & E (2.5)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Re: Best place to buy newest Nautilus possible?

Quote Originally Posted by SamPacey&Joshua View Post
    I know Albee has them for $150, but how are the manufacture dates? Amazon has them for $140, but again...I'm concerned about the manufacture dates.

I could order from the Wal-Mart website, but our local Wal-Mart has them in stock and they were manufactured in February and April. I'm afraid they'll check the inventory and just try to give me one of those, which I do not want (that's why we didn't get one today).

Anyway...where's the best place to order a Nautilus right now, that'll give me the most recent manufacture date?

Thanks!!
    When I did a Walmart ship-to-store order (because my local store didn't have - and never has - them in stock), the one I got had a DOM from within the previous month. I would expect it to be the same if you ordered from Walmart.com.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

I went ahead and ordered from Amazon in hopes that it'll be a recent DOM. I used a 10% off code I found on here and it was only $132 (with a Judy Instructo puzzle Pacey's been wanting).

Thanks for the reply!

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

I would think that Amazon sells through their stock quickly enough that they have newer DOMs. Frankly, it's the bricks-and-mortar stores, or smaller online stores, that would make me worry about an older DOM.

Hope your Nautilus arrives quickly! We love ours, and I bet you'll love yours too.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

That was my thought too. It's a popular site that has tons of reviews on the Nautilus (which means that's probably where many of them ordered from), so I'm guessing they go through them fairly quickly. I'm hoping for no earlier than July or August (although September would be fantastic).

I hope it arrives quickly too...I'm really excited! I'll probably be posting some pictures (including comparison pics of him in the Marathon also) when it does.

Thanks again for the replies!

Senior Community Member MySillyKids's Avatar

walmart does NOT pull inventory to fulfill site-to-store.

I didn't think they did, but didn't want to risk it (we had someone go to the back and check the shelves for a more recent date and they didn't have one...said it was cheaper online, but she didn't know if they would pull one from their shelves or not for that).

It would have been a little over $140 with site-to-store shipping at walmart.com. I got it for $132 from Amazon, with free shipping right to my door and a Judy Instructo fireman puzzle. Now hopefully the manufacture date will be pretty recent and I'll be very happy!