Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

When should I turn him?

I can't believe my little guy is finally at the point where I am asking this question. He just turned three last month. I put him on our analog scale (I say this because I can't see fractions of a lb). He was wearing jeans, t-shirt, dry diaper, and hadn't eaten for about an hour. He was not wearing sneakers. He weighed 31lbs. My radian and fpsv are 33lb rearfacing seats.
    Angie mama to R 4 years, 33 lbs/38 inches in a radian
    W 7 years,66 lbs/51 inches in a parkway
    M 9 years, 58 lbs/51 inches in a parkway

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: When should I turn him?

I'd say at this point it's a parental decision.

(Or you could buy an Avenue or something and not worry about it )

I would say he is 3, you did GREAT! and go ahead and flip him. 2 pounds could be a bigger meal than normal, an extra sweatshirt or jacket, or not pooping yet that day. Way to go on getting to 3!
    Baby Hoagie V1.0 coming 9.13.13

Well, I weighed him two other times today and he is coming up as 32lbs completly dressed. I turned his main seat around. The spare seat in my corolla was already forward facing because it was the only way I could get three across in my spare car. It seems weird having him big enough to go to the limits of his seat. I wish he had more rearfacing time.
    Angie mama to R 4 years, 33 lbs/38 inches in a radian
    W 7 years,66 lbs/51 inches in a parkway
    M 9 years, 58 lbs/51 inches in a parkway