Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Question Can you buy separate SS1 covers?

My friend has a perfectly good SS1 that she used with her daughter who's now 24 months old. She pregnant again and due in two months and just registered for a new Snugride since she wanted a pink seat since she's having another girl and her SS1 is neutral since they didn't find out the sex last time. I told her she wouldn't get as much use out of the Snugride as she did with the SS1 and that she should just use her SS1. She said it's dirty and that she lost the infant head support. Can she just order a new girly cover and canopy instead of buying a whole new seat? I didn't see it listed as an option on the Graco website. And if so, does anyone know how much a new cover/canopy costs?
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner (11 yrs old, 102lbs, 61" tall, adult seat belt)
    Parker (6 yrs old, 49lbs, 49" tall, FR90 and FR85)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Can you buy separate SS1 covers?

You have to go to the Graco website (www.gracobaby.com), and log in to where your registered seats show up. Then you have to click on "order replacement parts," but you have to put in the model # for the cover that you WANT, not the one that's registered. It's expensive... almost $100 for all the pieces plus shipping. I would try to either get a cheap seat off CL, use the cover and trash the seat, or try and trade with someone on here.
    Baby Hoagie V1.0 coming 9.13.13

Senior Community Member MOM25BOYS's Avatar

You could always try Ebay also. There are usually quite a few listed on there every so often. Good luck.
    Elizabeth SAHM to 5 Boys and 1 Fuzzy Dog ...
    Aaron/13yrs-130lbs~Caleb/10yrs-70lbs/Harmony Booster
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness

Carseat Crazy

Oh, that's too bad. Why is it so expensive-- that's more than the Britax covers! I guess my friend will just have to buy another seat afterall if she wants another cover. She's really not the type of person to search on Craigslist, Ebay, or read on a message board. I totally would, but she wouldn't want to put any effort in. She did remove the Snugride from her registry though after I told her the one she registered for didn't have a front adjuster. She really should just wash her SS1 cover and use that seat!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner (11 yrs old, 102lbs, 61" tall, adult seat belt)
    Parker (6 yrs old, 49lbs, 49" tall, FR90 and FR85)

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Can you offer to wash the cover for her? I know when I was pregnant I was NOT interested in removing and replacing seat covers. I still have not washed my Scenera cover...
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Quote Originally Posted by MOM25BOYS View Post
    You could always try Ebay also. There are usually quite a few listed on there every so often. Good luck.
    Yep, I saw several on Ebay just yesterday.

CPS Advocate

http://cgi.ebay.com/Graco-SafeSeat-S...d=p3286.c0.m14

Here's a girl BIN for 60 dollars. She could just swap out the cover.

CPS Advocate