The Evenflo Line of seats...

G8r4evr

I really like the look of their seats, especially the plushness. I cant use the latch in the rear middle of my Jetta, so that takes the Symphony out of the question....So other than the Symphony, what is the most highly regard Evenflo seat?

Thanks!

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
What year is your Jetta?
What is your child's age, weight, height?
What is your budget amount?

In general, 3-in-1 seats are not highly recommended ("Jacks of all trades, masters of none") :eek:

& can you explain why LATCH is an issue? The seatbelt can be used to install carseats....

crunchierthanthou

You don't have to use the sure-LATCH system and can install the Symphony with the seatbelt. However, keep in mind that it only has a 40 lb ff weight limit in harnessed mode. If you want to stick with Evenflo, the Triumph Advance has a 50 lb ff weight limit and you aren't paying extra for a LATCH system you likely won't be utilizing.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Triumph Advance also has 17.5" top slots, rather than 16", plus the additional 10 pounds forward facing, so it'll last a long longer through the harness (probably a year or so, maybe more for some kids) than the Symphony. The Symphony is interesting, but I don't know that it's exciting enough to be "highly regarded".

Wendy

G8r4evr

I really like the look of the Titan and Symphony. The Symphony however, looks like it will be pretty plain once the infant padding comes out. As cute as the Titan is, Im not sure how it measures up to the Triumph Advance. Evenflo confuses me with their naming convention...DLX, Elite, Advance....I dont know what to think. LOL

I wish they had some more girly covers though. Im not too concerned with her outgrowing it....in all honesty, I will probably end up only keeping the seat for a year or so and then giving another a try (I like to change things up=)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Well the Titan Elite and the Triumph Advance are named so to distinguish them from their older versions. The old seats were quite different with 30 pound rear facing limits and 40 pound forward. They also had short shells, though the old Triumph had high top slots. So their new and improved versions got the Elite/Advance added to the name of the seats. Personally I would have renamed them completely, but I don't work for Evenflo. :) As for the DX, LX, Premier, and then just regular, those are just different trim levels of the Triumph Advance. They have slightly different padding options and covers, and the Premier has the nice LATCH connectors like Britax has. That's it. I don't know the differences for the Titan Elite trims. That's not a seat that's bought as often.

Wendy

Kat_Momof3

elite and advance refer to weight limit increases.

dlx, premier, etc. simply refer to pricing/padding/feature levels.

the premier of the EFTA has alligator-style latch like Britax seats do, along with the most padding, so it costs more.

they are trying to make it easier, but really it would almost be easier just to number and letter them.

Triumph I, triumph II... a, b, c

But they don't... no... and I suspect it is because MEN are doing the naming.

ugh.

Kat_Momof3

For the record, I would go with one of the Evenflo Triumph Advances... whichever fits your budget best.

I would RUN from the titan and WALK (hey, it's a nice seat... if they would have just made the top slots higher and the weight limit for harnessed higher, I'd love it) away from the Symphony.

G8r4evr

What year is your Jetta?
What is your child's age, weight, height?
What is your budget amount?

In general, 3-in-1 seats are not highly recommended ("Jacks of all trades, masters of none") :eek:

& can you explain why LATCH is an issue? The seatbelt can be used to install carseats....

I just realized, I mistyped on another thread. The Jetta is a 2006
She is currently 7 months, but the plan is to keep her in the SS1 until the first of the year, when she is 10 months.
She is currently 19 lbs and 29 inches and price isnt a factor =) I look forward to hearing what you think!

I sooo love the look of the Evenflo line and have pretty much narrowed it down to Evenflo, TF or a Como, but why in the world do all the Evenflo covers look like they are for boys??

Splash

For the record, I would go with one of the Evenflo Triumph Advances... whichever fits your budget best.

I would RUN from the titan and WALK (hey, it's a nice seat... if they would have just made the top slots higher and the weight limit for harnessed higher, I'd love it) away from the Symphony.

Actually, we ended up with a Titan Elite (or whatever the heck it's being called these days) and I am pleasantly surprised. Easy to install, very cushy, fits Charlie well LONG after he has outgrown most seats on the market (he's way out of the Scenera, but still fits in this with room to spare). He loves it. I've not used it in the car, and am giving it to someone shortly (got it for nineteen bucks with the intent of giving it away, but certainly played with it plenty first). It's NOT bad, at all. WAY better than the CS or Scenera, the other comparable seats in that price range.

G8r4evr

Too funny!

Before I start running, what about the Titan dont you like? They are just sooo cute...and I love the sage color! :D

sunnymw

I would go for the TrueFit over the Evenflo Triumph Advance... and if you're going to get a Recaro, get the Signo ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I bought an Evenflo for the plushness years ago... I remember the draw :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, buy a seat with a harness you like... something that works smoothly, doesn't twist, can even be removed and replaced if needed...on most counts, Evenflo flunks that in some way or another. So *really* hunker down and play with harnesses before you decide on a seat...the SS1 you have is really, really nice, so compare to that. It also installs easily...Evenflos are often a lot trickier (well, most rearfacing convertibles have a steep learning curve). Make sure you can access the harness adjuster when the seat is installed rearfacing (the Triumph Advance has knobs that can dig into the seatback, make sure the Titan isn't low down and hard to reach)
How about a seat with the extra safety feature of tethering rearfacing? Britax or Sunshine Kids do that now, the True Fit will have a new model with an anti-rebound foot, which is similar, coming out soon.

But don't base a purchase base on plushness alone...honestly the Radian looks bare bones, but it's perfectly comfortable (Marathon, too)... there's more to it (like, try it in your car before you decide, you'll know if the harness adjuster works when it's installed, and can be sure it'll fit in your car so that people can sit comfortably in front of it).

:twocents::)

ps, my evenflo? It had nice not-twist straps, which was RARE in 1997, but it had LOW top slots...my kids were too tall at 2...granted, you want a new seat before long, but it's still wise to bring a tape measure shopping with you...the harness adjuster was also HARD to pull...I always wish I'd just bought the Britax first (cost more, but would have lasted about 2 years longer in terms of my kids fitting in it, so the price would have evened out in the end, lol)

NannyMom

I have a Titan (elite/ advance). I really like it. I don't like the red tabs on the harness of the Triumph Advance. Not too sure I like the knobs much either.

But, out of the seats you're looking at, I'd personally choose the True Fit. I really want one :)

Kat_Momof3

Too funny!

Before I start running, what about the Titan dont you like? They are just sooo cute...and I love the sage color! :D

well, even though they fixed a biggie by upping the weight limit, they didn't raise the top slots, so most kids don't make it to 40lbs and when they raised the weight limit (and the price) without raising the top slots, that was silly.

But even before they raised the price along with the weight limit, there were seats comparable that were easier to install and use with same or taller top slots that sold for less.

the padding on the Titan used to be equal to the Scenera, but it was 30 dollars more expensive.

Now it's more similar to the Avenue or Uptown, yet 30 dollars more expensive or the same price (depending on which seat and what price you get it at)

So I just skip it.

Most people hate using it because it is hard to adjust the straps on.

Chameleon

well, even though they fixed a biggie by upping the weight limit, they didn't raise the top slots, so most kids don't make it to 40lbs and when they raised the weight limit (and the price) without raising the top slots, that was silly.

But even before they raised the price along with the weight limit, there were seats comparable that were easier to install and use with same or taller top slots that sold for less. There is a difference in the fit(more room) between the old Titan and the new Elite one by a lot, so if that's keeping it the same then I'm confused.

Now it's more similar to the Avenue or Uptown, yet 30 dollars more expensive or the same price (depending on which seat and what price you get it at)

Actually you don't get pillows with those seats, an infant insert yes, but no pillows like the Titan Elite
So I just skip it.

Most people hate using it because it is hard to adjust the straps on.

I'm sure you've talked to most people too. This is really a nice seat for some people who can't afford the nicer seats. I don't think it adjusts hard at all. I think my Blvd adjusted hard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC