AHHHHH (frustrated)

a_js

I have a FPSVD that ds has outgrown. My friend's dc's, age 3 and 5, had outgrown their seats (Eddie Bauer AOE and Eddie Bauer harnessed booster, respectively). She threw out the AOE and moved her 3 year old to the Eddie Bauer harnessed booster. I offered her my old FPSVD, explained that it would give way more harness time for her 3 year old, which is safer, and that it's a better seat, and she turned me down. :eek::confused: She likes the harnessed booster. She's nostalgically attached to it since she bought it for her other child. And besides, it's an Eddie Bauer. :rolleyes:

I know, I know, not for me to judge.. but argh! :mad:

ADS

Maedze

Maybe if you point out that it's just a Cosco/Safety First seat with "eddie bauer" stitched on the cover she won't be so wowed :p

mum2two

Just why is Eddie Bauer considered so great...I mean their clothing, I'm sorry to say is woefully boring...classic yes but nothing spectacular....and the plaid on their carseats is very outdated...I have friends, esp. in Canada, who always talk about their "fancy" Eddie Bauer carseats...I guess we can say the marketing folks at Eddie Bauer did their job!

rosey2007

I do not understand what the attraction is to the E.B line. It seems like whenever I go to BRU I see parents swarm to the E.B section. I do like the way feel of the fabric on the E.B infant seat but I do not think that I would buy that seat.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
EB = Extra Bucks (so says a friend of mine whose DH insisted on the Eddie Bauer edition of the Ford Expedition SUV) ;)

Kat_Momof3

I don't know why, either, but they must assume that whoever owns all the other Eddie Bauer stuff (the sporting goods, clothes, etc.) designs these seats...

they don't.

They let Dorel pay for the right to stamp EDDIE BAUER onto their seat and jack the price up.

monstah

I'm guilty. :eek:

You should have seen all of the Eddie Bauer stuff I had for DS when he was born! Car seat, crib bedding, bassinet, I could go on and on.
I believed Eddie Bauer = quality. I didn't realize they were just Dorel.

I do want to say that I did love my Eddie Bauer Deluxe convertible very much. :eek: If the harness height went twice as high, I wouldn't hesitate to get one again. I still miss mine. I just would never ever use it as a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC