Decathalon vs marathon

ADS

munchkin

DC cover comes with the infant padding, has three different crotch strap settings

MA comes with the LATCH bars

That's all I can think of right now.

NannyMom

Am I correct in asuming....

THe DC cover and infant padding come with the DC and not the MA and therefore haven't been tested with the MA and should not be used? Or could someone buy a DC cover and use it and the infant padding with a MA?

Not something we're contemplating, just curious :)

munchkin

THe DC cover and infant padding come with the DC and not the MA and therefore haven't been tested with the MA and should not be used? Or could someone buy a DC cover and use it and the infant padding with a MA?

Not something we're contemplating, just curious :)

I have never owned a DC but have owned a MA and a FPSVD, and have owned 2 DC covers. I am not saying you should do it, but in my experience they fit well ;).

emandbri

Many people have had probems with the adjuster on the deathlon to the point where britax has actually replaced seats. I do not recommend it, I hated mine.

NannyMom

Thanks! I'm not buying any, or suggesting any. It's just something I've been wondering. :) Now I know

katiesmommy

The harness adjuster is picky. A lot of people have had issues with it, some haven't. I haven't had any issues with mine and love it. Also, everyone says that the harness height is the same, but mine measures at 17.5" on the top slot, so go figure, maybe I just got the luck of the draw.

emandbri

Daniel lasted 6 months longer longer in the decathlon than the marathon, I think I got about a 1/3 inch difference in the top slots. I had one of the first ones made.

mommy-medic

I bought a DC and sold it on craigslist at $100 loss the same week. I hated it. The push button harness adjustor was a complete pitb. The latch strap is one long strap, like almost every other seat on the market. (you have to get the slack out from under the cover to get a good install).

The MA has the latch bar (as does the boulevard). This means there is a bar that the latch straps (yes, plural) attach to. Each side for the latch clips works independantly from the other side. You click each one in, and tighten each one separately. There is no hidden slack inside the seat to try to get out, and installing with latch is the easiest I have ever done in the MA or the BV. (easier to understand when done in person).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC