Couldn't help it, bought a Parkway

ZephyrBlue

I just sold DD's spare Daisy Compass B510 since we're not carpooling anymore and don't need a spare booster (the Monterey is already her spare). Then I started thinking about how pretty soon the Parkway was going to be completely unavailable and how great it is for fitting 3 across. So I ordered a purple one from Buy Buy Baby. It came today and oh my gosh, that cover is so plush! And a great, bright purple that all the kids I could dream of driving will love :thumbsup: It has such a high top slot- I can't imagine any child still needing a booster outgrowing it.

So now I'm the owner of my third Parkway. Maybe this time I'll be smart and hang onto it :eek:

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My husband would say, "You COULDN'T help it, or you didn't WANT to help it?" :p

I totally sympathize! I was just trying to figure out how I could justify buying a Recaro Como the other day when they were on for 150 and I couldn't, bummer. :(

Mama!

Yeah, I've been debating. I was so sad that I let my mom have our giraffe b510 that I snatched it back and ordered her a FBSVB to replace it :whistle:

I keep wondering if I need a pw to keep just in case. I know they're narrow, and hug smaller kids well....:eek:

As it is, we're broke. I just hope I can snag one on swap if I need one.

christineka

I'm trying to make money to pay for the parkway or whatever other seat I get. So far $7, but someone is supposed to come tomorrow to give me $15 (for a computer thing). I need to find more things to sell.... If I decide I want the parkway, I want that purple one. I hope they stay in stock long enough for me to get one.

scatterbunny

:ROTFLMAO: We are the proud owners of a purple Parkway, too, from BuyBuyBaby. I also couldn't help it, knowing they are discontinued, knowing how narrow they are, and how tall it adjusts. :p It's H's primary seat now (we own NONE of the seats in my signature anymore, guess I need to update it soon :eek: ).

scatterbunny

Jenny, why did you get rid of the Regent???

Because I hate the stupid recline bar, and H was balking at riding in it. :( I really wanted to love it, but I just didn't...not as much as we loved the Husky, anyway....even with the pretty pink flower cover.

H does fantastic in her boosters, though, and she had less than an inch of room left in the Regent, so I'm mostly okay with it. :eek:

solmama

I bought a Parkway, and then a Jane Indy Plus for the more rigid body (and LATCHability). My dd has been riding in one or the other occasionally to "booster train" because she can use them in other people's vehicles.

Anyway, long story shorter, my dd likes the PW better. In spite of the JIP pretty blue cover, she'll ride in her Regent every time if it's in the third row. But the PW, she'll ride in it more than half of the time. She just likes the PW more, I guess.

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
If anyone doesn't want a pretty purple cover, I've got a parkway with a greystone cover that's only been used a handful of times. My DD really would like a pretty cover! I would be happy to trade!

NannyMom

I'm getting more and more anxious to get a Parkway. I'll be buying one soon, for the same reasons.....gotta have one "just in case" and they've been discontinued!

Kat_Momof3

Damian outgrew it before he could use the seatbelt alone... had to get a cheap cosco backless for him (no Monterey back then)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC