• Yes (please say for how much)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Stop bugging us

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

minismom

Here I go again. The DOM is 10/06. I've used it with dd for about 9mo. It has a brand new set of harness and I have 2 extra bases.
Reasons to sell: The plan was to have head baby #2 by now but I'm not even preg (trying again now) and the seat is wasting life. DD was small at 5lbs 14oz and the SS1 swalled her, so if I sell I'd get a KeyFit for next baby.
Reasons not to sell: It would cost me more to get it new later. The waste of life shouldnt really affect me because I probably wont have more than 2 kids. I wonder if the keyfit will work with my snugrider.

If you think I should sell please tell me how much to ask for the seat w 2 bases. It's the kind that came with a winter boot and full body insert, but I lost the body insert. Have the boot. It has all the extra foams, it was the top model of SS1s, in Central Park.

Disclaimer: not offering it for sale right now

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I would sell it.

I sold my infant seat when I was done knowing that if I had another I would want a newer seat (and I did) so if I sold it when I was done I would get more for it and it wasn't sitting around wasting life. When baby #2 came I got a new SS1 with the same plan thinking that with what I made with selling and buying that my seats would have ended up costing me about $50-75 depending on what I got for them.

minismom

No one wants to tell me how much to sell it for? I believed I paid $180 for it. I dont think the pattern is available anymore.

BW1426

You could ask $185 for the set (that would be following the formula--divide by 6 and multiply by 4 for the remaing years). If someone needs three bases it's a really good deal. I'd list it at that for a little while and then knock it down if it doesn't sell. You could also say that you'd be willing to sell the extra bases separately.

Kat_Momof3

for the record, I've plopped the keyfit into graco strollers... it doesn't CLICK, but it fits very securely.

if you get one of those strap-to it things from the ABC expo, it will be even more secure (for peace of mind)

Kat_Momof3

I've seen them on craigslist for about 100 dollars for the seat and one base... and 15-20 dollars per extra base.

so somewhere from 160-180

I voted sell it because with a history of small babies, I'd be wanting the keyfit.

But when you get pg and buy it, keep the receipt... if you get a surprise and get a big baby, I'd then instead opt for the new snugride 32

Last edited:

minismom

I've seen them on craigslist for about 100 dollars for the seat and one base... and 15-20 dollars per extra base.

so somewhere from 160-180

I voted sell it because with a history of small babies, I'd be wanting the keyfit.

But when you get pg and buy it, keep the receipt... if you get a surprise and get a big baby, I'd then instead opt for the new snugride 32

Thanks for the tip on the KF! Do you know if the SR32 has the lock offs like the SS1 and is as easy to install? I heard they're phasing out the SS1 and wouldnt wanna sell mine and end up needing it and unable to buy a new one. But I guess it's worth the risk!

Kat_Momof3

from the pics on carseatblog, it looks like they're just renaming the ss1 and increasing the weight limit.

one of the techs that went to the expo would know for surehttp://carseatblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/dsc01114dsc01114.jpg

this is the pic of the snugride 32.

Basically, they are phasing out the SS system (YAY... waving goodbye to the ss2)

From the looks of the pic, you can see that the base appears identical.

minismom

Thanks! I guess CR really gave the SS1 a bad rep... I'm glad they're keeping it one way or another and getting rid of the useless SS2!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC