• SS1 for DD and FF MA for DS

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • RF MA for DD and FF Nauti for DS

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Clicky button/Other choice- please elaborate

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

xxluckychicxx

I had to take DS to the pedi today because he has a "rash" and the daycare insisted I get it seen. I tried explaining that it's eczema but they wouldnt believe me. So, we saw the pedi and guess what it was... Eczema :rolleyes:.

Anyhoo they weighed him and he weighs exactly 33lbs :( and rides RF in a 33lb MA. So I have a few questions...

Is it okay to leave him in the MA until Sunday when I go to my mom's and get his Uptown? That is assuming that he still has 1 inch of shell over his head. He hit a big growth spurt and has shot up.

If the Uptown doesnt work would you put him FF in the MA in the middle and leave DD o/b in her SS1 or would you put him FF in his Nauti and move DD to the MA?

The SS1 and Nauti do not puzzle well together or I would do that. How well do the MA and Nauti puzzle? How about a FF MA and a SS1?

Last edited:
ADS

munchkin

If the Uptown doesn't work, I personally would leave him in the MA just a little longer. Until either he is a little bigger or DD needs it. I think the MA hugs a little better than the NA.

Then again, puttining DD in the MA and DS in the NA, would give DD the Rear tether. I guess it depends on how important that is to you. My nephew has a huge head so the rear tether is important to me.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
For now I voted SS1 and ff'ing MA. Better to just keep using the seats you have now in a way that your ds fits until you know if the Uptown is an option. Since he's 33lbs at the dr., he needs to be ff'ing in the MA. I wouldn't bother with taking dd out of the SS1 or switching him to the Nauti until you know for sure whether or not the Uptown will work. If the Uptown does work, then you can debate MA vs. SS1 for your dd. :thumbsup:

loufrando

Okay, so I'm obviously the minority on this, but if it were me I would keep him rfing in the MA until Sunday when you can get the (35 lb) Uptown, then I would switch him to that until he hits 35 lbs. The MA is rated to 33 lbs and he hasn't exceeded that weight. I personally would not stress over my child being 'at' the rfing limit of the MA for 2-3 days, espcially if the seat is tethered rfing to address the over-rotation issue.

If we were talking about a child that was several pounds over the limit then I would have a different opinion. But we're talking about being 'at' the limit for a few days max. I would also feel more strongly about it if we were talking about being at a ff limit. The potential harm of that is a whole different animal IMO than being at a rf limit.

Just my :twocents:

xxluckychicxx

Okay, so I'm obviously the minority on this, but if it were me I would keep him rfing in the MA until Sunday when you can get the (35 lb) Uptown, then I would switch him to that until he hits 35 lbs. The MA is rated to 33 lbs and he hasn't exceeded that weight. I personally would not stress over my child being 'at' the rfing limit of the MA for 2-3 days, espcially if the seat is tethered rfing to address the over-rotation issue.

If we were talking about a child that was several pounds over the limit then I would have a different opinion. But we're talking about being 'at' the limit for a few days max. I would also feel more strongly about it if we were talking about being at a ff limit. The potential harm of that is a whole different animal IMO than being at a rf limit.

Just my :twocents:

That's what I was thinking too, I just wanted to make sure that it was okay. He was right at 33lbs fully clothed, wet diaper, and 2 blankies, but minus shoes. But surely adding a pair of tennis shoes isnt going to cause the car seat to fail and him be ejected or something.

Oh, and I forgot to add that I dont have top tethers in my car :(. How quickly can those be retrofitted? Those 2 pounds will come pretty quick.

NannyMom

Call the dealership Monday, or this weekend if they're open. I think it's a pretty easy thing to do, so as long as you can get an appointment it should be fast :)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
If you post back here or start a new LATCH manual lookup thread in the Installations and Technical forum and include your vehicle's manufacturer, model name, and model year, then someone with a LATCH manual can arm you with as much information as possible about retrofitting it with top tether anchors. Info. is power when it comes to dealing with the dealership service department. :)

Kat_Momof3

I love my Nauti... but two things have me voting rf ss1 and ff MA

1. The natural recline of the MA - the Nauti, as wonderful as it is, just does NOT cradle young ffers the way that the MA does. Would I ever suggest buying it new if your child was in a Roundabout until this point?? HECK no... I'd be saying Nauti all the way. But he has room to go in the MA and I think it will be a more comfy ride until he's closer to outgrowing it.

2. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY A NEW SEAT TO DO IT!! - you can take your time to figure out what you're going to want to do when your dd outgrows the ss1. Do you want to give her the Uptown and buy a spare seat or two for them for grandma's car?? (depending on if she takes both at the same time or not)

Honestly, I think by the time she's out of the SS1 (assuming you leave her in it till she outgrows it), he'll be more ready for the Nautilus (he'll probably be at least 3, maybe 4) and she can inherit his Marathon (you can get her a new cover at that point)

and, just going by his height that you stated, unless he's all legs, I bet he's getting too tall to rf in the Uptown, anyway.

Now, that said, I would push it as the one pp suggested until you get a top tether.

But I don't think I'd move him to the Uptown at all otherwise, because he's already over 2 and he's rf'd a good long time.

xxluckychicxx

*UPDATE*

I went to my mom's earlier and got the Uptown. He's still got a good 3 inches above his head, so apparently he's got some pretty long legs! I am a little worried about the install though. I put him RF in the middle and used a tightly rolled towel. It doesnt move at all side to side or front to back, but if you push the top of it toward the seat back it pops forward very easily. I'm worried that it will rebound. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or should I even be worried about it?

I put the MA FFing in my mom's car and once he hits the 35lbs I'll put the Uptown back in her car and take the MA back.

And hopefully DD wont outgrow the SS1 before the new TrueFit comes out next year :whistle:

Kat_Momof3

that is totally normal movement.

nothing you can do to fix it. You're just spoiled by Britax having rearfacing tethers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC