Car seat informed? I think not!

jewlsvern

So I went to my brothers to visit his family, especially my new 7 week old niece. They have always been the ones who were informed about car seats and how to install, use, etc. Well they must have forgot everything they learned.They did kept my yougest nephew RF until 18 months, but things are really bad now.

They started asking me questions about things I have learned and I casually brought things up about what I knew making sure to add in what they were doing wrong, but just giving info, not telling them "hey, this is wrong"

They have the baby in a 22 pound KF. So, I found, loose straps on baby (she was doing the 2 finger test), KF base in tight, but with an aftermakret mat under the base. Almost 4 year old in an evenflo seat (I have no idea which one, but the cover seemed on the newer side), but the straps were very loose and so twisted I couldn't even get the harness to fit him, and a belly clip. We tried to tighten the harness, but couldn't find the strap to pull and the one we did pull (sil said it tightens that way) wouldn't budge. His seat also had a cover under it. Don't even ask about his 2nd seat in brothers car, even worse and probably expired.

6 year old was in a NBB but the seat belt fit him horribly. She did talk about trying to find him a better seat. I recommended Naulitis to her for both kids.
The 9 yr old was in nothing. I think he is to big, but he sits so bad in his belt.

SIL did ask me about moving 4 yr old to a booster and I told her "no way, he is way to young and too small and he would never sit correctly". I think I convinced her to keep him harnessed and to put 6 yr old in a better fitting booster.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC