Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Swedish Car seat Experts

I posted this under international issues but think I need to post it here as well.

Can someone explain to me why it is ok for my sons head to be above the car seat shell please? I know that he doesn't grow out of it until the tips of his ears are in line with the shell, I was just wondering what happens to the top of his head that is above the shell in a crash.

He is in a Brio Zento & I was wondering if this is a small seat compared to other Swedish seats? He is 21 months old, 87cm (34inches) tall and weighs 12kg (26 pounds) and his head is about an 2.5cm (an inch) from the top of the seat, so I am wondering if he isn't going to grow much in the torso between now and 4 which I really hope to get him rear facing too, of if I need to think about buying a taller seat.

Thanks
    Chrissy Mum to : Ds Isaac(6) & dd Annabelle(2)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Re: Swedish Car seat Experts

I'm closing this thread due to it being a duplicate thread to the one in the International forum. It can temporarily remain here so that anyone who doesn't regularly check the international forum has a chance to see it, but usually duplicate threads (including x-posting,) are just deleted.

Link to thread in the International forum: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=60478
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.