If you could get ANY vehicle, what would it be and why?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
something mazda5-ish with a manual transmission....i miss
driving a stick and dh dosen't know how and dosen't want
to learn, he's such a party pooper:p!

Same situation here, but I got a manual transmission Mazda5 anyway. Now dh has to drive his own car LOL!

I must be pretty lucky, because the only thing I'd do if money were no object is upgrade my Mazda5 to an '09 model. And then I'd use my money-power to get those stupid 3rd-row seats fixed! :D

ADS

Heather98012

Daaaang girl.

I am intrigued by the BMW's, and Acura's. So definitely one of those :love: But to narrow it down, probably an RL, or a 7series...okay maybe just the 5series :whistle:

I have always had Honda's or Toyota's, but I think I'm ready to step it up a bit, if you know what I mean :cool:

7 series? Daaang girl, yourself. ;)

Lara

A teal, 5 door mazda 3. I saw one at the dealership a few weeks ago..drool.

I did just get a suzuki reno though, I :love: it!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Can we make up a vehicle that doesn't exist? I want a hybrid 12-seater on a bus chassis that gets 30 mpg, with headrests and tether anchors behind each seat, lol...

In reality, we're getting an 8 passenger Sienna next baby (probably next year.) 2004 or newer, either deep blue or silver pine mica, with VSC and side curtain airbags. Preferably with a tow port and DVD player, though those are optional.

mommy-medic

I LOVE the one I have- an 07 sienna limited, 7 seater. It has a ton of features I never thought I would like, but now I wouldn't go without 'em. Touch screen and voice activated navigation- you push a button on the steering wheel, tell it "coffee" and it will map you to the nearest starbucks! It has built in window shades that retract into the doors (way cool for the kids) and about a million cupholders. It has the dvd player in it, and has outlets in the back where you can plug in a video game system and their jacks (the little red yellow and white plugs) and not have cords hanging down from the dvd player. Can also plug in my laptop or charge my camera battey while driving. It has sooooooo much room in the back, and the seats fold flat at the touch of a button. Backup camera and sonar all around too. I could go on and on about it, and felt I was too young for a minivan, but with three kids and all the gear to haul, it is worth it. And it fits furniture from ikea!

MustangMama

I drive a 2007 Mustang and I must say I LOVE IT! It is my dream car! I know it may not be the most family friendly car, but with inheriting my niece this past year, I love to pull up to her school with my car spitting smoke from the loud exhaust. I may be a girl, but I LOVE American hot rods!! :love:

But I also agree with ketchup above. We need cars that fit our every needs perfectly, but we all know we can only **DREAM** LOL

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I don't know which one, but I want one with:
  • anti-lock brakes and stability control
  • side curtain airbags
  • good driver visability
  • large trunk
  • fold down split rear seats
  • 30+ mph
  • back seat comfy for 2 adults
  • easy CR installs
  • low maintainence/good resale value
  • no fake wood grain, no beige interior
(With the exception of stability control, I'm describing my Camry. Guess I'm still in :love:.)

Oh - and it needs to be maroon/dark red/burgandy in color. :D

bubbaray

Porsche 911 Turbo. Don't care the color. Or even the model year.

All I care about is that its a 2-seater, I wouldn't be "able" to take the kids and therefore wouldn't have to listen to Barney, The Wiggles or Dora....

I really do love my Ody, though.

BudgieStew

1967 Shelby Cobra. I've lusted after one since I was a young teen. A deep blue with white racing stripes.
Volvo C30. This is my newest lusted after car.

The Volvo is a wee bit more attainable.:)

Porsche 911 Turbo. Don't care the color. Or even the model year.

All I care about is that its a 2-seater, I wouldn't be "able" to take the kids and therefore wouldn't have to listen to Barney, The Wiggles or Dora....

I really do love my Ody, though.

The 911 is a 2+2. I think it even has LATCH in the back seats. That's how I intend to rationalize it should I ever win the lotto. :) That's also sorta why I prefer the AM DB9 instead of the V8 Vantage. Or Ferrari 599. I can just imagine myself pulling up to DS' school and picking him up in one of those cars. :D

Heather98012

Volvo C30. This is my newest lusted after car.

The Volvo is a wee bit more attainable.:)

I kinda like the C30. It's either a "you like it or hate it" car. But they don't cost a ton & are definately not something you see everyday on the roads!

The Shelby Cobra is a sweet car too, though. :whistle:

bubbaray

The 911 is a 2+2. I think it even has LATCH in the back seats. That's how I intend to rationalize it should I ever win the lotto. :) That's also sorta why I prefer the AM DB9 instead of the V8 Vantage. Or Ferrari 599. I can just imagine myself pulling up to DS' school and picking him up in one of those cars. :D

OK, well, see -- no 911 for me. LOL.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I bought it last year. Nissan Armada. I could never afford one new, but I was lucky enough to find a slightly used one on the lot when I went to trade in the car I had to repossess from my ex. I was able to trade a 3 year old Xterra for a six month old Armada without my payment going up at all. If I had to pay a car payment anyway, I figured I might as well pay it on the vehicle I really wanted.

I :love::love::love: my Armada. It has a ton of power, rides like a car, fits eight people comfortably, has a better turning radius than my DH's Corolla, great traction control, (I had to turn off the traction control last winter to do donuts on the ice), SIP SRS in all 3 rows, I can fit 3 Regents in the 2nd row, it can climb up mountain roads the Toyota Tacoma in front of me couldn't get up, I can take off all the exterior trim and steps to give myself an extra 18 inches of road clearance by unscrewing 16 bolts, looks cool, and is super comfortable.

Only things I would change about it would be add tether hooks in all positions (which I'm told is possible, but haven't gotten around to yet) put flexible buckle stalks in the second row, and make it get 100 miles to the gallon (instead of 18).

Have I mentioned I :love: my Armada?

Last edited:

Kovachy83

If I could have any vehicle, it would be a small SUV like the Honda CRV (I'm little... only 5'0"!) with sliding doors like a minivan for getting the little one out in cramped parking spaces!! :)

I drive a '97 Civic Coupe right now... not fun at all with a kid!

Heather98012

If I could have any vehicle, it would be a small SUV like the Honda CRV (I'm little... only 5'0"!) with sliding doors like a minivan for getting the little one out in cramped parking spaces!! :)

They make that (or at least, it sounds like what you want)....it's the Mazda5!

abacus2

Honestly, I don't know. It would have high safety ratings and seat at least 8 though. Probably a Honda Odessey or a Toyota Sienna.

BudgieStew

I kinda like the C30. It's either a "you like it or hate it" car. But they don't cost a ton & are definately not something you see everyday on the roads!

The Shelby Cobra is a sweet car too, though. :whistle:

Yeah when I first saw the C30 I thought hmmm not so sure but now the more I see it the more I love it.

Totally different from any other cars I like...two door hatchback, that only seats four. I love the bucket seats in the back. Not a family car in anyway so for now I can only dream.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC