Vent DD wants me to fix it and I can't!

MorgieBear'sMama

As I've mentioned before there aren't many parents using any seats at dd's school, which is only 3 and 4 year olds.

About a week ago she glanced into a classmates mom's car and saw he didn't have a seat and my little car seat freak of a daughter told the mom that he needed a seat :D Today the mom made a point to tell dd that her son has a car seat and it was in the car, then doesn't put him in it instead he climbed up into the front seat:eek:.

This broke my dd's heart, she said "uughh, I hate it when people do that to their kids, mama why isn't he in his seat?"

I don't understand how it can be an option for a 33lb (they just weighed at school and have weights posted) 4 year to not sit in his seat!

ADS

MorgieBear'sMama

I guess that's what I'm going to have to do. I've reported people that I know real good before and nothing happened though. The non use of seats there is so bad I wish a cop would sit at the road and ticket parents.

sunnymw

I totally KWYM. I borrowed MIL's van today and there was a backless booster in the back. I'm racking my brain trying to think of who it's for, since the grandkids are aged 4.5, 4, 2.5, 2, and 3mo. :( (Although I DO give her props for her insisntence on straps always being straight and tight, and chest clip positioning! :D)

hjal05

My daycare lady has a fit about the amount of preschool kids that don't ride in seats. Our local cop sits at the HS and tickets the HS's for spinning out but doesn't bother to ticket the parents of preschoolers for letting the kids ride without seats or seatbelts. Needless to say she has said something to the cop a couple of times but so far nothing has been done.:(

Kat_Momof3

ask the daycare if you can post the law next to the list of weights...

with a friendly reminder from the daycare... make sure your kids are safe!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC