EH and booster use help. Specially from Conn.

my2kidsSafe

I have a friend who lives in conn. and is recently goign to start carpooling for a friend and their 7 year old dd is not in a booster. My friend told the friend that it is her car her rules and that she will be in a booster in their car. She has connections with the school and wants to send home with all the students a flyer talking about booster use. I mentioned extended harnessing also, which she was ok with but prefers more so the booster use so the whole school would benefit. Does anyone have a flyer that can be passed out, that also explains the 5 step test.

ADS

musicmaj

I know about the booster non use in CT, since I live here. I have teeny tiny piano students who can't be more than 40 -45 lbs that sit in nothing in the front seat. My own kids are bigger than they are and they are no where near big enough to properly fit the seatbelt. It makes me sad.

The law here is 6 AND 60 lbs. Most parents assume that as soon as their child turns 7 they can be out of a booster but they also must be 60lbs. Obviously we want children to properly pass the 5 step test before getting out of a booster and not just going by the law minimums.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
CT law is OVER 6 AND 60lbs. So you must have reached your 7th birthday, and once you turn 7 you must remain in a booster (or harnessed seat) until you reach 60lbs.

CT Safe Kids just created a new, double-sided flyer which is GREAT. It talks about ERF, proper harness adjustment, not using both LATCH and seatbelt, using tethers, properly fitting boosters and DOES outline the 5 step test. It specifies BEST PRACTICE along with CT Law.

http://www.ctsafekids.org/BoosterSeatBrochure_english_proof4.pdf

Be sure to note there are 2 pages to this PDF file. You could always just use the booster side although it's no more paper to make the flyers 2 sided and anyone with younger kids would get alot out of the other side also.

Here is another one, JUST for boosters. Also specifies best practice and CT Law. I'm not as fond of this one as it doesn't address side impact protection, it shows 2 pics, one of which is a fairly small child in a LBB.

http://www.ctsafekids.org/Booster Seat Final.pdf

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC