Question Britax belly pads...

Heather98012

Ok, so when I got our two Frontiers last May, it made me a first time Britax owner. One thing is driving me crazy though...& I know it's small....but you know how the little things can annoy you the most. Here it is: the freaking belly pad drives me crazy!!!!! It comes off every.single.time. my dd gets out of the seat. It is only happening in the Frontier that is used the majority of the time, so I'm assuming the slot just got stretched out.

My question is, is this common with Britax & their belly pads? Or did I just get a wonky one & if so, then I'll call CS & get a new one sent out. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Or just tell me to be a big girl & learn to deal with it....I fully realize how childish I sound. :eek:

ADS

R&J'sMom

Ok, so when I got our two Frontiers last May, it made me a first time Britax owner. One thing is driving me crazy though...& I know it's small....but you know how the little things can annoy you the most. Here it is: the freaking belly pad drives me crazy!!!!! It comes off every.single.time. my dd gets out of the seat. It is only happening in the Frontier that is used the majority of the time, so I'm assuming the slot just got stretched out.

My question is, is this common with Britax & their belly pads? Or did I just get a wonky one & if so, then I'll call CS & get a new one sent out. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Or just tell me to be a big girl & learn to deal with it....I fully realize how childish I sound. :eek:

Same thing was happening with our belly pads on our Marathons. I took them off completely. My boys actually prefer not to have them on.

seamonkeys

The ones on my MA's never came off! In fact the hole was so small I had to take out the buckle from below to take them off!

That said, I took mine off my Frontier as soon as I got it! I really only see a benefit of using when they're really little. Thought I think I did use it with DS1 till about age 2, but with DS2, he went into the MA at 10 mths and I probably took it off soon after! It seemed to make it harder to buckle him in.

abckidsmom

My 2yo *loves* her belly pad. She fusses for it whenever someone is buckling her in and hasn't made sure that it's in exactly the right position. I don't get it at all, but I agree it's a PITB.

barnmama25

maybe you can call Britax and complain? The Regent, MA, DC, RA and BV require you to take off the buckle now to remove the belly pad. This wasn't always the case though, as my first RA used to have a huge opening for the buckle and it would always fall off.
If you dont like it though you can just take it off.

Tyler'sMom1117

On my Regent the hole is too small for it to come off. If it came off all the time like yours, I wouldn't use it. I do have to position it every time we buckle which is kind of a pain, but I do like it on, so that I can pull the buckle out from under his bum when he sits on it. I use it basically as a buckle locator.

melniemi

I would just sew the hole a little smaller and remove the buckle, thread the belly pad on over the metal part, and put the buckle back on.

The older covers had bigger holes in the belly pad, but all the ones I have now are small enough that they won't come off unless you take the buckle off.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I hand sewed a few extra stitches on each end of the belly pad's slit for some of the Marathon covers we used for DD1 to keep them from popping off so easily. I haven't noticed the belly pad on the Frontier popping off. Sometimes it happens over time after the belly pad's original stitching comes loose or it gets stretched. The belly pad has gotten very loose and prone to popping off our Radian 80 with the Super Cool cover. Adding some stitches to the Super Cool's belly pad is on my to-do list at the moment.

The Bjorns

We have 2 MA and the older one is just now starting to come off as my 4 1/2 yr old jumps around on her seat or sliiiiiides out. I think the hole has stretched over time or the fabric has gotten softer/squishier with use and washings. The corduroy fabric of the newer MA seems more resistant to belly pad pop off. Most kids could care less if they use it or not, but my DD1 insists that it is "perfect" before final buckling. Wacky kid;)

Take a stitch and save your sanity!:rolleyes:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Hmmm, interesting. My dd's belly pad comes off her Frontier as well. I had never thought about it. I assumed she was taking it off. We never had them come off with either of my kids Marathons.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I just gave the corners of our belly pad a few extra stitches to keep it on.... We really like ours for when kiddo wears shorts or skirt -- flip it so it's under the crotch strap & it prevents the crotch strap from irritating the skin of the inner thigh :twocents:

seamonkeys

I just gave the corners of our belly pad a few extra stitches to keep it on.... We really like ours for when kiddo wears shorts or skirt -- flip it so it's under the crotch strap & it prevents the crotch strap from irritating the skin of the inner thigh :twocents:

Funny, I guess that would only be a problem with girls! :p My boys shorts are much too long - so no need to worry about rubbing on their bare legs! :rolleyes:

The Bjorns

I realize my girly girl loves her dresses and that's when she's extra picky about the belly pad. When her skirt bunches up the belly pad smooths everything and keeps the buckle from rubbing. Okay, maybe she's not so weird and wacky after all....nah! She's still a goofball!

Pufferfish

I have three MAs and a Regent. On 2 of my MAs, the belly pad comes right off. One one MA and the Regent, (couture cover) the pad is sewn tightly and cannot come off.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC