Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

question about the new Radian!

Does it still have the required foot?

If yes, can we talk about it for a sec? Cause it really bugs me. It's such a great seat, the only one narrow enough for some cars, RF tether cheaper than Britax, tall shell, and yet I'm very nervous about recommending it to people who come here for advice because I think they're more likely to turn their kids FF sooner because either (i) they're sick of not having enough space to drive comfortably or (ii) they're toddlesr dont wanna sit reclined at 45 degrees anymore.
    Now that the new seat is coming out with removable straps and headwings I'm all for getting one instead of an MA or Blvd when dd outgrows the RA RFing. But I'm sure many of you remember I cant get it upright in my center seat...

Please tell me the foot is gone!!!
    DD 5.5yo, 38lbs, 43" - FF in a Radian XT and Frontier85 SICT
    DS 3yo, 33lbs, 38" - RF in Radian XT and Britax MT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: question about the new Radian!

I don't believe so. The XT is also going to have a $280 price tag, so it's going to be right there with the Marathon.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Super. That means it'll be priced to compete with the BV up here. So about $350 or so.

OP, from what I've read, the foot is still there, and mandatory for rf installation.
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL
    dd3 - 4y3m, ff advocate/frontier xt

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

The foot is still there, but it's sculpted so it's a bit more narrow at the bottom. It may fit your center seat better.

here's a picture of the redesigned foot from carseatblog.com.

Senior Community Member

Wow! Expensive.. and still with the foot!
    Thanks for the pic Crunchy it does look a bit different, maybe it will work!
    DD 5.5yo, 38lbs, 43" - FF in a Radian XT and Frontier85 SICT
    DS 3yo, 33lbs, 38" - RF in Radian XT and Britax MT