Baby Trend Infant Seat - Rec or No?

Jan06twinmom

I'm putting together some car seat recommendations for moms in my twin club. I wanted to ask your opinion about the Baby Trend Infant Seat. I had the latch loc and it worked well for us, even when our babies were tiny.

So some questions:
Would you recommend it to other parents? Why or why not?
What is the difference between the Flex and Latch Loc seats? Is one better than the other one?

Thanks for your help!
Melanie

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

I have never owned one, but a good friend of mine does. I hate it. She has the flex-loc. Her DS was almost 8 lbs at birth and she was not comfortable with how he fit in it. She added a 'snuzzler' against my rec, because she felt he was safer that way. I guess I would say I do not like it, nor does she.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I would say no b/c I'm not big on seats where the handle has to be down. Besides that it doesn't seem like a bad seat. I'm not craxy on the flex loc install, but I've only done it a few times.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It's also not my favorite, but I wouldn't say it's awful. It IS very narrow. You said you're putting together information for a twins group, so that might be an important benefit for them.

U

Unregistered

I own the gray flex loc (that's available in target stores) and I love it.
I'm not one to take the carseat out of the car unless absolutely necessary so, having to keep the handle down doesn't bother me at all. I get a great install in my '99 passat sedan with a seatbelt. It's rock solid.
My daughter fit great at birth at she was a tiny baby (5 lbs 8 oz and 18 3/4 in). The straps were at her shoulders nicely and she seemed (and still does seem) very safe in it.
She's almost 7 months old and still fits very nicely in it..but she is very small (13 lbs 8 oz and 26.5 in).

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
We used a Latch Loc 22 for DD2 from newborn to about 6 months old when she outgrew it by height. She was 6 lbs. 9 oz. and 19.5" at birth, almost all torso, lol, and the Latch Loc fit her pretty well. I believe the only difference between the Latch Loc and Flex Loc is that the Latch Loc has the rigid metal LATCH connectors instead of the Flex Loc's flexible LATCH connector straps. I haven't actually installed or used a Flex Loc to do a full comparison, though. I've only looked at the display model Flex Loc bolted to the shelf at Target.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC