Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Baby Trend Infant Seat - Rec or No?

I'm putting together some car seat recommendations for moms in my twin club. I wanted to ask your opinion about the Baby Trend Infant Seat. I had the latch loc and it worked well for us, even when our babies were tiny.

So some questions:
    Would you recommend it to other parents? Why or why not?
    What is the difference between the Flex and Latch Loc seats? Is one better than the other one?

Thanks for your help!
    Melanie

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician JerseyGirl'sMama's Avatar

Re: Baby Trend Infant Seat - Rec or No?

I have never owned one, but a good friend of mine does. I hate it. She has the flex-loc. Her DS was almost 8 lbs at birth and she was not comfortable with how he fit in it. She added a 'snuzzler' against my rec, because she felt he was safer that way. I guess I would say I do not like it, nor does she.
    DD 5.5yrs, FF in a Recaro ProSPORT
    DS 2.75yrs, RF in a Peg Primo Viaggio

Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc.

CPS Technician

I would say no b/c I'm not big on seats where the handle has to be down. Besides that it doesn't seem like a bad seat. I'm not craxy on the flex loc install, but I've only done it a few times.
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

It's also not my favorite, but I wouldn't say it's awful. It IS very narrow. You said you're putting together information for a twins group, so that might be an important benefit for them.

Unregistered

I own the gray flex loc (that's available in target stores) and I love it.
    I'm not one to take the carseat out of the car unless absolutely necessary so, having to keep the handle down doesn't bother me at all. I get a great install in my '99 passat sedan with a seatbelt. It's rock solid.
    My daughter fit great at birth at she was a tiny baby (5 lbs 8 oz and 18 3/4 in). The straps were at her shoulders nicely and she seemed (and still does seem) very safe in it.
    She's almost 7 months old and still fits very nicely in it..but she is very small (13 lbs 8 oz and 26.5 in).

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

We used a Latch Loc 22 for DD2 from newborn to about 6 months old when she outgrew it by height. She was 6 lbs. 9 oz. and 19.5" at birth, almost all torso, lol, and the Latch Loc fit her pretty well. I believe the only difference between the Latch Loc and Flex Loc is that the Latch Loc has the rigid metal LATCH connectors instead of the Flex Loc's flexible LATCH connector straps. I haven't actually installed or used a Flex Loc to do a full comparison, though. I've only looked at the display model Flex Loc bolted to the shelf at Target.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar