Does anyone else have a Jetta?

U

Unregistered

Our Safe Seat fits RF in the middle, but just barely (it back rests firmly against the back of the front seats). I can move mine up a little, but my husband who is 6'4" cant. We will be purchasing a convertible seat for RF soon and Im worried that if the Safeseat barely fits, will any of the convertibles?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You're on a posting spree!

I don't have a Jetta, but my husband drives an A4, so the same size. The Safeseat takes up more room front to back than most convertibles, since you can put a convertible seat more upright. So if you can get the Safeseat in you can put just about any convertible in there you want.

You still haven't said how old or heavy your baby is. :)

Wendy

U

Unregistered

That makes me feel much better! Im sure my daughter will want the seat to recline though...I really like the look of the Alpha Omega seats, they just look huge.

Im embarassed to say that Im not sure how much she weighs or how tall she is. We missed her six mth shots (due to a cold), so she hasnt been measured since 4 mths...we go on Weds though, so I will finally know then! LOL

I believe she is right around 20 lbs....Im not sure about lenght, but there is maybe 1 1/2 inches of seat above her head in the Safeseat...does that help at all? =)

Chameleon

We have a Jetta. I can get a Britax RF in the middle, (Seat belt install, because LATCH is not allowed in the middle of Jettas) and there is plenty of room.

Edited to add, the infant seats take up more room Front to back than the convertibles will. I had no problems actually getting 3 Britaxes in the Jetta. 2 Forward, with the Rear Facing in the middle.

U

Unregistered

Thanks Cham! I didn't realize that you cant use latch in the middle back of the Jetta.

Does anyone know if the True Fit, Symphony and Alpha Omega are comparable in size to a Britax?

Chameleon

I would stay away from the Alpha Omega, unless you get the new one that goes up to 50lbs Harnessed. I know that the old ones fit Rear Facing in the middle of the Jetta. However the old ones are not recommended because they only harness to 40lbs and have a lower top slot. The new one is called the Alpha Omega Elite, by Safety 1st. I haven't tried the other two in the Jetta yet. However, the Symphony only goes to 40lbs FF as well. All the Britax Convertibles will go to 65lbs and RF to 35lbs now I believe, not sure on the DC yet though. The True Fit harnesses to 65lbs and Rearfaces to 35lbs however I'm unsure as to how it fits. I think it might be wider than a Britax.

lovinwaves

What about a Sunshine Kids Radian? They install well rear-facing in the middle position and fit perfectly between the two front seats, giving the front passengers plenty of room. The other good thing is that since the Radian is so narrow it also always room for adults on each side, and/or other carseats to be installed next to it.

U

Unregistered

Since I cant use the traditional latch system, does that rule out the Symphony's sure latch feature as well? =(

Kia

We have a 2005 Jetta and although we can fit the SS1 in the middle quite easily we did have difficulty getting the True Fit in the middle RF with the headrest on. The back part of the seat in the middle is very flat so the adjuster strap is very difficult to access unless you have the full 45* angle. With your husband being so tall and not able to move the seat forward you will most likely have a lot of difficulty sine the True Fit can not be braced. You will most definitely want to try before you buy.

U

Unregistered

Yikes, now Im back to square one...I had narrowed my search to the True Fit and Symphony, but now it looks like both of those may be out.

I really like the Symphony, but if I cant use Sure Latch, is worth it, or even an option in my car?

If I went with the Tru Fit, I would want the headrest on it, but it sounds like it may not fit in the middle.

Im so confused...Im honestly not a fan of Britax or the Radian. I do like the Signo, but Im not crazy about the covers. I love the look of the Alpha Omega Elite, but I have heard way more negative reviews than positives, I have no idea what we are gonna go with. I know I must sound incredibly picky, but this is a big decision. I really wish the Nautilis was RF!!

Kia

If you really like the True Fit I would suggest finding a store that carries it and trying it out in your car. Like I said the adjuster is difficult to get at because of the way the Jetta's back seat is but you may find that it is something you can tolerate, because it is a great seat. Also because it has a continuous harness you may find that you do not need to loosen it to get your child in and out so the adjuster strap will not be a big deal.

Kat_Momof3

had you also considered the evenflo Triumph advance??

it often fits really well in smaller cars because of the slope in the design of the back of it.

Forget who, but someone around here has one in a small car.

G8r4evr

had you also considered the evenflo Triumph advance??

it often fits really well in smaller cars because of the slope in the design of the back of it.

Forget who, but someone around here has one in a small car.

Yep, Im leaning towards the Triumph Advance now. It looks like it will probably be that or the Recaro Signo.... =)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC