Bugaboo or UppaBaby Vista

iluvmymaddie

Alright. I've read multiple posts from different websites and I'm wanting to know from owners - which one is better if I'm buying used? I can get either one for about the same price. I 'test drove' a Bugaboo today and LOVED it but have not test driven a UppaBaby Vista. I love that the UppaBaby has a huge basket but am wondering for those who have a Bugaboo, do you find that basket to be too small while shopping? Thanks in advance!

Lindsey:)

ADS

jsta1005

In my opinion the Bugaboo basket is pretty worthless! It is good for a diaper and wipes and a jacket maybe. But I've used those S shaped bag hangers and those work really well.

minismom

Can I ask how much they're asking for the bugaboo you found? I wanna sell mine locally and not sure how much to ask. Thanks!

TheNimpsGirl

I adore the Vista personally!

Our baby isn't here yet so I can only give you the initial reasons why we choose that one over a Bug:

- The basket on it is freakin huge. I'm pretty confident it will come in handy when we go shopping or to the farmers market. It can easily fit my purse, the diaper bag and even a coat with room to spare.

- I prefer the wheels on the Vista as they are rubber coated and can't go flat. You also now have the option of buying the older style wheels that are wider and are suppose to be good for snow.

- I like that the pram and the toddler seat are seperate and don't use the same fabric.

- The pram/toddler seat seem higher up than the Bugs.

- As vaine as it sounds, I like that not everyone and their grandma has heard of the Vista like they have the Bugs.

That being said, there are some things I would change about the Vista if I could. Those include:

- I wish that the toddler seat could sit up straighter. Even in the most upright position it seems to still be reclined.

- I wish there were more color choices or at the least, that the green was brighter. Oh if only it had been a lime green, like the Buzz has... but we went with the blue. It's very nice though and looks classy.

- The newly designed cup holder is fugly IMO. I don't know why it was designed like that with chains. I would have used a mesh and maybe chains threaded through for stability and weight if it needed it... but eh, that's more of a personal issue of mine, LoL.

Hope that helps! I know I had a reall difficult time deciding and drove DH nuts till I finally just ordered one.

They're both good. I like the Bug cuz it's lighter. The main reason is the look though. It just has that clean look that Sweden and surrounding countries are famous for. The Uppa is close (like the Peg Skate), but not quite there. The name played a part too. Yeah, looks and name are admittedly stupid reasons, but when you get into strollers at this price range, just like luxury cars, there's no way to say those aren't important factors in your decision.

We hardly ever use the basket. Goes true for all the strollers I've used. Our habit is to just hang everything off the stroller. Usually on the handles. I don't like reaching down there. And we have a Skip Hop diaper bag which goes on the handles and we use for storage of small stuff. I've had a TON of weight hanging on the Bug. Very stable stroller.

lovemyfamily

I love my Vista and I have talked to several people who have had both and almost all have said they prefer the Vista over the Bug.
I haven't owned a Bug, but I find the Vista to be a great stroller. I have had people ask me if my stroller is a Bug, I am not a brand name dropper, so being able to say I own a Bug wasn't a big deal for me. It was more about reviews, features etc. I use my basket, especially living in Spokane. Just yesterdat the mall, DH, the 2 boys, and myself, all stuffed our winter coats (think parkas folks) in the basket, along with my Skip Hop Pronto (changer), my Beco Butterfly and Fleurville Sling Tote (only using names so you can get a visual of all I had in there). It all fit great. While I can hang the diaper bag from the stroller handle, it is hard to do with my DD facing me, and that is the way I have her riding all the time. I never fold my Vista with the seat attached, so weight isn't a huge deal. I drive a Yukon XL so I have plenty of cargo space, but I fold the frame and then set the seat on the frame in the back of my vehicle and it leaves me plenty of room for anything else I need to haul.
My only complaint would be the recline. Even in position 1, the seat does still seem a bit reclined and I notice my DD pulling herself up on the bumper bar.
Otherwise, NO complaints at all.

capeKO71

I've owned both and I like them both for different reasons.

bugaboo - super nice to push - turns on a dime, nice verticle seat, smaller fold (but also sort of a PITA cause you have to take off the seat to fold it), nice accessories

vista - HUGE basket (I would do my grocery shopping with it!), large seat, awesome step up board (didn't kick it ever) - really good for tall people with the adjustable handle (the bug is good too... but not quite as tall), and it folds with the seat on facing forward which is awesome. Now - it is bigger. The fold is bigger.

I think it comes down to - if I had an SUV and lived in a place where I drove alot - i'd 100% get the vista. If I was in the city, and basically never folded up my stroller, i'd go with the bug.

Another option - you could always get the bug, use it for a few years and re-sell it and try the vista. The bug I think holds some value a bit more then the vista.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC