Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

2T or 3T girls winter coat

I am need of a winter coat for my DD. I have been looking in stores and I am having a hard time coughing up the $49 to $70 I have seen the warmer ones for. We are in MI, and she needs one that will be warm enough to play outside in, she has a fleece for the car.

Anyone have one in EUC or GUC condition?

Crystal, CPST Mama to Zoe 11/30/2006 , Ollie 1/3/2010 , Eli 9/24/2012 and Baby Isabel 7/23/2015

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 2T or 3T girls winter coat

I have a pink/green camo Childrens Place 3T coat...it is the one with the zip out fleece. Let me know if you might be intrested, I know the camo is not everyone style, LO picked it out, so she could have a jacket like her Uncle who is in the military! I will look for/take some pics. It is in EUC, only worn last winter, we thought it would fit this year as well...darn growth spurt!

Jenn

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Oh, I wish I had known that before I donated DD's coat from last year to my mom's friend's daughter (who I don't really like, but it's better than throwing it away LOL). (Well, OK, I gave it away in the spring, so it's not like I just got rid of it.)

Have you checked eBay? I bought DD's coat last year on eBay for about $10. It was one of the nice Children's Place coats with zip-out fleece that sell for around $50 in the stores. It was either new or EUC.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

Senior Community Member sirrahn's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: 2T or 3T girls winter coat

Lands end has a green toddler girls squall parka for $35.

Their squalls are very warm and that's a great deal for a new one. They have a few other warm coats in overstocks, but I think that's the cheapest one. JIC you can't find one used!
    Mom to DS-22 driving a 2011 Honda CR-Z, DS-19 driving a 2010 Toyota Prius, DD-16 driving a 2017 Toyota Yaris iA, and DD-14 riding in a 2018 Mazda CX-9 & 2018 Mazda CX-3

Quote Originally Posted by jennypenny View Post
    I have a pink/green camo Childrens Place 3T coat...it is the one with the zip out fleece. Let me know if you might be intrested, I know the camo is not everyone style, LO picked it out, so she could have a jacket like her Uncle who is in the military! I will look for/take some pics. It is in EUC, only worn last winter, we thought it would fit this year as well...darn growth spurt!

Jenn
    Thanks for the offer, I don't mind the camo, but my DH hates camo that is not in acceptable camo colors, lol.

Crystal, CPST Mama to Zoe 11/30/2006 , Ollie 1/3/2010 , Eli 9/24/2012 and Baby Isabel 7/23/2015

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahn View Post

Their squalls are very warm and that's a great deal for a new one. They have a few other warm coats in overstocks, but I think that's the cheapest one. JIC you can't find one used!
    Hmmm how do their coats run? I know that LL Bean seams to run big are they the same?

Senior Community Member sirrahn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cryswilkins View Post
    Hmmm how do their coats run? I know that LL Bean seams to run big are they the same?
    I have a 3T for my petite 3.5 yr old (she's about 36" tall and probably still under 30lbs...haven't weighed her since April) and it's big enough she can probably wear it next year, but not too big. I find most of their stuff to run fairly true to size. HTH!
    Mom to DS-22 driving a 2011 Honda CR-Z, DS-19 driving a 2010 Toyota Prius, DD-16 driving a 2017 Toyota Yaris iA, and DD-14 riding in a 2018 Mazda CX-9 & 2018 Mazda CX-3

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahn View Post
    Looks like they have a pink too in 2T for the same price (the green is available in 2T and 3T).

The Walmart 4-in-one coats are only $25 and they are really warm.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Still looking!

I have lots of winter coats at home. I'm working now, but would be willing to look when I get home.

Stella outgrew that size last year.
    Proud Mom to David (15), Hannah (14), Emily (13), Stella (9) and Zahari (8)

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

Are you looking for just a coat or a set w/snowpants? I think I have one, but I need to wait until baby is awake since it's in her room. I have a set though, so I'd want to get rid of it as a set.

Carseat Crazy

If you can't find one from someone on here, I would check out cabelas.com. They sometimes have awesome deals on parkas. I bought a Columbia Bugaboo Parka w/ removable fleece liner for $40 . I'm pretty sure they retail for $150!

Would something like this work? Only $26 for a 2T Columbia Parka (only one size though)

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

Carseat Crazy

Here is another really cute Columbia parka for $40, but they only have size 2T and 4T.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

I have a CP size 3t med. pink winter coat with white "fur lining". It's really cute and like new since DD only wore it on vacation and maybe once at home.

I'd sell it for $10 plus shipping. Just let me know if you want pictures. I'll have to get it out of the attic.

9 yr old in a pink zebra NBB and 5-stepping
    6 yr DS1 old in a Harmony
    4 yr old DS2 in a Nautilus and Radian
    18 mo DS3 rfing in a MyRide65

Quote Originally Posted by melniemi View Post
    Are you looking for just a coat or a set w/snowpants? I think I have one, but I need to wait until baby is awake since it's in her room. I have a set though, so I'd want to get rid of it as a set.
    I would be interested in a set.

Quote Originally Posted by skipspin View Post
    I have a CP size 3t med. pink winter coat with white "fur lining". It's really cute and like new since DD only wore it on vacation and maybe once at home.

I'd sell it for $10 plus shipping. Just let me know if you want pictures. I'll have to get it out of the attic.
    Thanks for the offer, but I tried a coat with a fur hood on DD and she flipped out. "Get cat hairs off face!"

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

pm'd you