Pics of the Trufit with anti-rebound foot

ADS

fyrfightermomma

Re: *NEW* True Fit on E-Bay

Look at the access to the harness adjuster! I want it for the ARB, but even if I didn't, I'd get it just to have that easy of access :thumbsup:

That's the best pic I've seen so far. But yes, it looks like a very extreme angle. Wonder if it's "stuck" at 45 degrees with the ARB?

I agree...probably a prototype. There's no tags or anything on it. Can't figure out the dating though

gusmom

because i completely missed this discussion & now am probably buying a TF --

what are they changing and what is the purpose of the thing on the bottom? it looks like it would make it uncomfortable for an older RF child if it sits against the seatback. Forgive me for being clueless! i lost about 4-6 weeks of time between my son's surgery and loss of internet after the ice/snow storms this month. if there is a thread about this, just direct me & i'll happily read :)

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Is it just me or does the anti-rebound foot cause the seat to be at an extreme angle?

The rebound foot will probably make the RF angle less adjustable, but I don't think it will as extreme as the photo. I think once you have it on a seat bottom that's not straight and has some squish (unlike the floor) it will be more reasonable. :thumbsup:

I notice this seller will ship this Amercian seat to Canada, though. :thumbsdown:

Well do you think its really a prototype? I see on the head pillow it says "The First YEars" and looks like a real First Years seat and a cute cover too!!

minismom

I think I remember the someone saying in the big TF ARB thread that the new model is actually easier to install more upright than the old one.

gusmom

thank you for the link & the thread. hmmm. for the price, i'm just as happy sticking with the britax that i know, so we may just get the current TF now. but reading the reviews almost makes me reconsider the radian again. why do some people say installation is great & others a PITA with every seat?! LOL. make the decision difficult!

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

What is the highest harness height on the True Fit seats? I love the pattern on the cover. I wonder if they will sell them in this pattern.

NannyMom

I agree that it must have been a prototype. The TF has a 7 year expiration, so it would have a 1/5/08 DOM. They weren't producing this seat for sale in 1/08, but may very well have been producing the prototypes. I do like the cover though :)

Kat_Momof3

I'm guessing someone got it direct from the first years at the ABC conference (like someone here did with a Radian seat) and are selling it.

I'd want to know from the seller the history and source of the seat to confirm safety, but I bet that's where they got it and that it's safe to use.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I bought it. :) $80.01 was the final bid. I've never bought from this seller so hope all goes well. I paid with paypal just now.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I bought it. :) $80.01 was the final bid. I've never bought from this seller so hope all goes well. I paid with paypal just now.

Congrats :) I would suggest contacting First Years to make sure the seat is safe to use. If it was indeed a prototype, they might not have intended it for use. I would also be wary if it doesn't come with the registration card attached.

It could be perfectly fine and legitimate, but the fact that this seat hasn't yet been released makes me suspicious.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Congrats :) I would suggest contacting First Years to make sure the seat is safe to use. If it was indeed a prototype, they might not have intended it for use. I would also be wary if it doesn't come with the registration card attached.

It could be perfectly fine and legitimate, but the fact that this seat hasn't yet been released makes me suspicious.

I will definately be calling them. I want to get my hands on the seat first. If it isn't supposed to be used well then Karley got a cushy tv chair. Actually I don't really care about the rebound bar as she's forward facing now. I just want that cover! So if all else fails and the seat can't be used I'm buying a True Fit and putting that cover on it.

I think that she'd definately have more shoulder room in a True Fit than the Boulevard seats we have. We don't use the Boulevards them much anymore now that we've been using the Nautilus. I'll let you know how we make out. I can't wait to get it.

Last edited:

2boys3girls

Hello,
I'm not too familiar with the Trufit, but I thought there was a stabilizer foot prop (or something like that) for rear-facing that went to the floor of the vehicle. Anyone know anything about that? Thanks!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Hello,
I'm not too familiar with the Trufit, but I thought there was a stabilizer foot prop (or something like that) for rear-facing that went to the floor of the vehicle. Anyone know anything about that? Thanks!

No. there is an anti-rebound bar, which is the gthing that props against the back of the seat to prevent rebound, but there is no European-style foot prop that goes to the floor.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC