Pics of the Trufit with anti-rebound foot

natysr

Here is a pic of Jordan RF in a proto-type.

386737082_PeYn8-M.jpg

386737008_PXddc-M.jpg

386736005_pFQrc-M.jpg

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I love the look of it.

my only concern now that I've seen the pic... does it prevent putting the seat more upright for older rfers??

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Cute model & thanks for sharing!

DD just walked by & is drooling, begging for that seat :cool: I've taught her well ;) Too bad she's on the top slot of the Husky :rolleyes:

natysr

No, it does not prevent it from installing more upright. We actually did install it more upright, but could not get Jordan to get in it again.

Kimberly (Safeinthecar) and I made a trip up to Sacramento (to Goores) yesterday. It was meet the manufacturer/rep day, so the Compass rep brought that prototype.

Thanks for driving Kimberly!

Maedze

I like the look of the design and it takes care of the whole pain of finding a rear facing tether point.

My concern is does it somewhat lessen room for legs for older rear facers? It doesn't exactly look comfy to curl legs up on.

natysr

I like the look of the design and it takes care of the whole pain of finding a rear facing tether point.

My concern is does it somewhat lessen room for legs for older rear facers? It doesn't exactly look comfy to curl legs up on.

Actually, if you compare the amount of leg room he had in the pictures, with the amount of leg room he has in the Marathon in my siggy, you can see that he has more leg room in the Trufit. He has never complained about legroom in his marathon, so I don't see that being an issue.

One other thing about the seat that I thought was kind of neet, just above the harness adjuster there is a leveling window with a ball in it. It shows where the ball should be for an infant, and where it should be for a toddler. Sorry you can't see it in the picture, Jordan's foot was in the way.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Love it!!! Hopefully there are no production problems so I'll be able to get one for this baby.

Susan

daycaremom2002

Does the foot make it easier to access the adjuster? I am considering getting this seat for RF use, but I was concerned about the location of the harness adjuster being pushed into the seat back.

natysr

Does the foot make it easier to access the adjuster? I am considering getting this seat for RF use, but I was concerned about the location of the harness adjuster being pushed into the seat back.

Yes, there is a square hole in the foot right where the adjuster is. The foot/hole creates a small gap at the adjuster, so you can easily access the adjuster. Just make sure when installing it, the adjuster strap does not fall through the hole and get sandwiched between the foot and the seatback.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
It was really easy to adjust more upright. Also, the way the anti rebound bar hits the seat back makes it possible to install the seat sitting further back on the vehicle seat. so you can get *a lot* of legroom if you want it, as long as your seat is deep enough.

On a side note, the rep said that the HIC on the Truefit with the rebound bar is under 400. (1000 is the max, Britax MA with rfing tether is around 700)

I liked everything about the new Truefit except 2 minor details. 1. It takes two hands to close the lockoffs. That annoys me, but isn't hard to do. 2. I still think it is fuggly looking.

essnce629

I'm loving this seat! I was already planning to get a Truefit for baby #2 when it outgrows the infant seat, and that was before I learned about the new anti-rebound foot. I LOVE how spacious this seat is for an older child and all the rear-facing legroom it has. And it sounds like the foot on it solves the problem with the adjuster being hard to access.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC