Evenflo Symphony as booster - demo

Kat_Momof3

edited... after seeing other pics and also taking Jeffrey back to the store (with the bribe of a gumball) alone so he would sit while I felt for his hips and such, it seems that the height of the headrest may have been the issue...
when he sat up really straight, his shoulders were blocking the guide entirely... but the lapbelt then sat perfectly.

So... he is not an accurate model for comparison.

and the evenflo symphony, while short for a booster when compared with the Monterey and others, does make a good one.

Last edited:
ADS

catfeet

Kat? Can I just say how much I like it that you made him try the girly one? :p (And I like the demo of the Symphony too! I haven't seen it yet IRL.)

Kat_Momof3

well, to be fair, with the pads removed (the one you can only use rearfacing (I THINK) or at least harnessed... and the toddler pillow), there was NO flower or anything remotely girly on the seat.

Trust me... I have to pay him tomorrow to let me take a pick of him in his sister's seat as a booster (I am not kidding) because of the patches.

featherhead

Is it maybe the seatbelt on the bench it was on? It looks like it has a super long buckle stalk or something. The shoulder belt is pulling up on the lap part. I'd like to see what it looks like in a real vehicle.

Chameleon

Yeah I wouldn't exactly base anything on a test bed at Babys R Us, their bench isn't worth anything in my opinion. I think you would need to check and see how it fits in your vehicle really.

BabyKaykes

Interesting....Once I figured out the seat at BRU last week, I was surprised at how well the seat fit DS in booster mode. And he's nowhere near booster age. In fact, it fit him so well that I wondered if it would fit an older kid at all.

And what's with that girly print? Once you take off the infant padding, it's just another plain grey seat.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Is it maybe the seatbelt on the bench it was on? It looks like it has a super long buckle stalk or something. The shoulder belt is pulling up on the lap part. I'd like to see what it looks like in a real vehicle.

:yeahthat:

With where the buckle is that's a huge part of the problem - that's a long buckle stalk & I wouldn't be happy with it positioned that far over the tummy...

Ulrike - I'm looking forward to your pic's & review. :D

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
natysr and I took pics of the Symphony today too. I"ll ask her to post them here. I got a pretty good fit in booster mode with my two kiddos, although they were just about at the limit of the back height.

Kat_Momof3

Interesting thoughts. I didn't think of the bench being the issue... I'd pulled down a graco Turbobooster (backless) first and plopped him in that and the belt sat low on the top of his thighs like it should... I just didn't take a pic because 1) it would have still been misuse from no headrest... but I was checking the lapbelt fit 2) the only turbos they had were pink and he said if I took his picture, he would sell me... aka... he'd be too embarrassed.

I couldn't rationalize taking it out to my car just to pull the padding off, the base off, and try it out as a booster when he's also essentially outgrown it (aka... they'd have to know there was no way I was buying it, right??)

I'd love to see more pics of other kids demoing it.

if it fits well, then the main issues will be the stupid shoulderbelt guide and the low height (but following it up with another booster wouldn't be horrible if the kid was so skinny he made it to 5 or 6 in the harnesses)

natysr

Here are the pics of safeinthecar's kids.

(Although we didn't take the time to remove the base from the carseat)

386742114_JxBju-S.jpg

386742571_aYzzU-S.jpg

And, there was no way Jordan was going to sit it in FF, so we took a pic of him in it RF with the lapbelt through the booster path, just to see where it would lay on him.

386748222_f5jPk-S.jpg

And at its smallest setting:

386750722_Kj7KZ-S.jpg

And Jordan RF:

386746665_6GTg9-S.jpg

with the headrest at its highest setting:

386745508_LstDS-S.jpg

natysr

whats the RF rule on this seat in regards to the headrest?

That I don't know. I was wondering the same thing, and was looking for the manual online, but couldn't find it. Kimberly was thumbing through the manual at the store, but I don't know if she came across that info or not.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
RF - headrest must be in lowest position. I'll upload my pictures shortly (as long as Kira doesn't wake up first).

fyrfightermomma

On Ulrike's booster pics it seemed to fit very well. I was actually suprised. I think it may have more to do with the bench than anything. Not being a real car or anything. Just my :twocents:

Kat_Momof3

I wonder if the base makes a difference? it was easy to remove...

I'm not surprised if it will fit newborns well... evenflo convertibles typically do.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC